Symetrix Mic Pres with Mods

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Moon Unit
gettin' sounds

Symetrix Mic Pres with Mods

Post by Moon Unit » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 am

I've got 2 Symetrix 528s up for sale. Both with the Monte McGuire / Scott Dorsey mods. In addition, all opamps in the EQ channels have been upgraded as well. They sound great. All opamps are now socketed, so you can easily switch out different varieties, just by popping them in and out (no soldering or any technical know-how is required). I had them both socketed by a skilled professional (Deltronics in Chicago).

There's well over a couple hundred dollars in modifications to each, so I would like to get at least $200 per unit. (a slight premium over what you'd pay on ebay, but a lot less expensive than modding it yourself)

I've also got one Symetrix 202 with High Speed Mic Pres on each channel, installed by Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades. I'd be happy to get $250 for it. (This would cost a good deal less than buying one off ebay and then sending it to Jim to have it done -- and it would save a lot of time as well).

Moon Unit
gettin' sounds

Post by Moon Unit » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:01 am

Just to clarify:

These are modded 528 mic pres. (Not the 528E)

And it's an SX202.