(2) virgin reels of 1" x 7200'(!!!) 3M tape

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

(2) virgin reels of 1" x 7200'(!!!) 3M tape

Post by mindbreathe » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I have unearthed a shipping box that contains (2) reels of VIRGIN 1"x 10.5" 3M 8207 analog recording tape. This tape is extremely unique because each reel contains 7,200 feet of tape allowing for 95 minutes of recording at 15ips(!!!!) . I am not very familiar with 3M's tapes so I cannot comment on the sonic characteristics of this tape. The tapes' (plastic) boxes are in brand new condition and are the modern type, same as used by Quantegy for GP9 etc. If you like this tape, or have some special need to record continuously for 95 minutes, this is the tape for you.

Make an offer on one or both of these reels!

Nicholas Taplin
silopdx@gmail.com

davidollard
alignin' 24-trk

Post by davidollard » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:44 pm

This is slow-speed logging tape. Triple play, so incredibly thin.

You should not use this for music recording - you would never be able to align your machine to it without serious issues (but it would be great for logging!).

Regards

David

fazeka
steve albini likes it

Post by fazeka » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Yes, about the only thing these are good for are the reels themselves.

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Post by mindbreathe » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Fine, I'll toss 'em.

Nicholas

fazeka
steve albini likes it

Post by fazeka » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 pm

If you're going to toss them, throw them in a Priority Flat Rate box, I'll take em!

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Post by mindbreathe » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Are people so broke these days that they can't pay ANY money for something tangible? I'm f-ing tired of being lowballed at every sale I try to make.

Nicholas

atavacron
steve albini likes it

Post by atavacron » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:51 am

mindbreathe wrote:Are people so broke these days that they can't pay ANY money for something tangible? I'm f-ing tired of being lowballed at every sale I try to make.

Nicholas
Don't let 'em get you down. If Dude is right about it being a logging tape, just put up a price for the empty reels and call it a day. People do pay good money for take-up reels, especially in remote locales, especially if it's cheaper than Ebay.
shipwreckoakland.com
5 1 0 . 9 7 2 . T A P E

fazeka
steve albini likes it

Post by fazeka » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:13 am

No putting anyone down, just calling a logging tape a logging tape. However, don't expect to get love if you don't do your homework because if you did you'd know you can't really expect much with logging tape used in an audio application, especially in an era where people like to slam levels to tape.

Don't take David and I's word for it:

http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/3mtape/aorprod2.html

I made an offer to pay for shipping. Yes, I am broke and I have dozens of reels so I don't really need more. If you don't like offer (clearly), you could come up with some figure, I or someone else may bite? If you did like the offer, then we both would have ended up winners, right? No harm, no foul.