FS- Tascam 38 1/2" Tape and Tascam M312 in NYC

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

JM Airis
audio school

FS- Tascam 38 1/2" Tape and Tascam M312 in NYC

Post by JM Airis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:09 pm

I have a Tascam 38 1/2" Reel to Reel and a Tascam M-312 Mixing console taking up space in my apartment that I would like to unload. I have not used either of these for over a year but upon last use there were a few problems...

Tascam 38 - The biggest problem was that it would stop playing randomly. I got around this by holding the "play button" down on the remote but since I don't have the remote you would have to hold the button on the machine down. Also, something inside would start to "squeek" after awhile (like the fan belt on a car engine type sound). Other than that all of the tracks record, play and erase; the VU meter all work and light up and the unit sounds great in general. I am thinking that it needs a couple of hours of service but I had some trouble finding a place to work on it.

Tascam M-312 - I didn't actually use this board much and haven't touched it in 2 years so there may be a couple issues in addition to these that I am unaware of. First, one of the VU meters on the main output channel doesn't work accurately. If I remember correctly the monitor output also doesn't work at all. The headphone output is also dead as well. All of the functions on all of the channels work well so it might just be a simple fix in the output section of the board. There is a protective plate missing so the person that had this before me may have just messed something up trying to fix it. Again, I am sure it would be a couple hrs with right person to figure it out.

I will take any offers for these either individually or together...pick up only please (I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn)

I can email you pictures as well and will do my best to answer any questions.

I also have two 4 channel noise reduction units to go with the tape machine.

Thank you

asmara
steve albini likes it

Post by asmara » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Hate to hijack. I thought I would mention for any local people there is a 38 FS for 350 at twintown in mpls. No take up reel or any accesories. It seems to be in decent enough shape. I REALLY love these 38s....