Gauging interest...AHB System 8 24x16, 2 TEAC 80-8s...

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

j_howell
pushin' record

Gauging interest...AHB System 8 24x16, 2 TEAC 80-8s...

Post by j_howell » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Not sure if I want to sell these just yet or keep lugging 'em around every time I move, and I'm about to move in to a rather small apartment. For as little as I use these, it seems ridiculous to not, much as I hate to do it, sell 'em and buy a new Macbook and MBox- at this point I'm mostly recording myself and not using (or needing) so many input channels, yada yada...streamlining may be a painful necessity for me, loathe as I am to give up analog...

Anyway, just curious if there's any interest...
I like pie.

j_howell
pushin' record

Post by j_howell » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Should maybe add that the AHB was recapped about ten years ago, comes in a road case, has the manual, power supply, and has functional (but disconnected) phantom power. A prior owner found that the phantom was causing some noise, as I understand it. Anyway, I use a breakout box style phantom supply and get along fine, and can't accidentally fry my ribbon mic, so there's that. Nice desk, I wouldn't consider parting with it if it had a smaller footprint...

Pair of 80-8's. One in pretty good shape aside from Channel 5 having an issue I'm about to get looked at...having trouble getting channel 5 to bias properly in record. Plays back fine, the recording issue on that channel seems to be intermittent. The other machine is a bit of a mystery, I consider it to be a parts machine, though it may be fine aside from one channel card being known to be funky. Only has one hub, and I've never tested it in the 2 or 3 years I've owned it. Between the two, there's one set of lovely wood side panels and one set of rack ears, a snake and patchbay, manual and service manual, card extender, and two remotes, though one is quite ugly, and an ugly but functional rolling rack covered in the black carpety business we all know and love, one slightly used reel of 406 and an empty reel...

Anyway, just thought I'd add that. Local or near KC would probably be a good idea, as this stuff's not light or easily shipped. Again, not sure I wanna sell these, just sorta testing the waters a bit before I come to a decision...
I like pie.