FS: Neumann KM84 KM 84 and Altec 1591a

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

teddyt
audio school graduate

FS: Neumann KM84 KM 84 and Altec 1591a

Post by teddyt » Tue May 05, 2009 9:47 am

I have two GREAT pieces for sale as mentioned in the title. Here is a brief description:

Neumann KM84i KM 84i - Vintage serial number is 55***. This microphone is in BEAUTIFUL shape and sounds even better. It includes the original Neumann black leather case, shockmount, Neumann microphone clip, and black foam wind screen. The condition is impeccable, the only two flaws are cosmetic flaws. The first being that the original Neumann tag is missing some of the purple paint, and the second being a small rub on the back side of the microphone near the 10 dB pad (probably came from removal from a mic clip). I used this microphone just last week on an acoustic guitar recording, sounds beautiful and definitely puts the KM184 to shame.

Altec 1591a - Just paid for a fresh recapping (high grade metal film caps). Meter is fully functional. This is the mic pre/compressor. Has the 1588B transformer (which was taken apart and had new caps put in as well!), and the 15095a line transformer. The transformers are missing the center plastic pegs, but both function perfectly and are steady in the socket (just thought I'd mention). The unit is in really nice shape with a few minor scratches on the face plate. All original knobs and switches. Great Unit great sounding on acoustic guitar, and harp. Some interesting results when putting the release switch set in the center.

Both items are plug and play condition. Pictures are available just pm me, I could not get them to attach! I always have this problem I must be doing something wrong.

Prices:

Neumann KM84i - $1299.00 obo (a LOT better shape then the ones listed on eBay right now for the same price!)
Altec 1591a - $550.00 obo

Need to sell unfortunately! Landed a job at a great facility in NYC and need to get some money together. Trades are a possibility but would much prefer the cash. PM me!

Regards,
Ted

teddyt
audio school graduate

NEW PRICES

Post by teddyt » Thu May 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Since I haven't heard anything for some reason why don't I just say BEST OFFER on the two pieces. Please if you interested PM me with your offer!

Ted

themagicmanmdt
george martin

Post by themagicmanmdt » Thu May 07, 2009 8:52 pm

what are you looking for if you WERE to consider a partial trade?
we are the village green
preservation society
god bless +6 tape
valves and serviceability

*chief tech and R&D shaman at shadow hills industries*

teddyt
audio school graduate

Post by teddyt » Thu May 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Hello. Thanks for the interest, I apologize I forgot to mention that. I am on the lookout as always for vintage outboard gear (compressors, limiters, pre's), working or non working. I am also looking to get a Distressor at some point. That about sums it up I guess. Feel free to PM me if you have anything you think may be of interest. Talk soon.

Ted