Realistic (Radio Shack) Minimus 7 Pair - Black - SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

analogcabin
buyin' gear

Realistic (Radio Shack) Minimus 7 Pair - Black - SOLD

Post by analogcabin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 am

Hi.

These are pretty kool small passive monitors. A great second reference type monitor and honestly a pretty dang good Nearfield in general.

Black, in clean shape and working perfectly. Not mint, but very good condition.

SOLD

Thanks!
Last edited by analogcabin on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

UXB
steve albini likes it

Post by UXB » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I just wanted to second how useful these are. They rose to (almost) legendary status at one point. In any case, a great speaker to test the "small speaker" sound.

Great price too!

-H

roygbiv
re-cappin' neve

Post by roygbiv » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:00 pm

yeah, some struggling young person should pick these up.

I am not as broke as I once was, but I still use a pair of these as my primary mixing monitors. I only switch to my Tannoys or Klipsch's for loud rocking out (and to check the bass).

Basically, for me, if I can make a mix sound good on my minimus 7's, then it will almost always sounds good on other speakers.

To me, the min 7's seem to have VERY detailed, clear mids and highs. Clear to the point of being painful - they really let you hear all the nasty digital harshness everyone loves so much.

So I find that if I can tolerate those spiky bits in the 1-10K region on my minimus 7's, then the mix will usually hold up on other sources (even crappy built-in laptop speakers, my ultimate test for crappy sound).
"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Kuh-rap. I just tossed mine out last week. Oh well, they needed re-foaming anyway.

EDIT... but then I guess the Optimus Pro-7s are more or less the same thing, and I have a pair of those, so at least I don't have to feel too stupid. These are some pretty good speakers, for what they are.
New Judas Jetski EP up! andysmash.bandcamp.com

www.andysmash.com