FS! Mics, Comps, FX, Cables, Tubes, Computers, Pedals

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

FS! Mics, Comps, FX, Cables, Tubes, Computers, Pedals

Post by Russian Recording » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 pm

So I've been hoarding a bunch of stuff to sell. And the time has come to sell it. It's all going on Ebay if it doesn't sell here, and honestly some of this stuff might be better suited for that place anyhow.

As noted, every price includes shipping. This is a pretty big deal for some of these items, as some of them are very heavy. This is for continental USA only! If you're outside of this continent, I will quote shipping to you.

Some prices are negotiable I guess. Depends on what. Make me an offer, I'll be really honest with you.

Be sure to read through all of this stuff. There just might be something just for you.

I have included photos of stuff that I thought would benefit from being seen.

AUDIO STUFF:

Vintage Russian Compressor: TCS LC-1 w/step up x-former
$ 450.00 shipped
This is a really cool and super rare old Russian compressor. It seems like it is very similar to the Audion compressor, which is also pretty hard to find. The main differences between this and the Audion, besides the look of it (this thing is 2 rack spaces, and a military green with colorful knobs) is that it has sidechain send AND return, and it has a de-esser on each channel. Oh and the best thing about it is that ?Reduction? is spelled ?Raduction?. Fucking rad!

This thing is straight from the motherland, so it requires 220 volt power. I am selling the compressor with a 220 V step up transformer, and a pretty nice one at that.

TC Electronics M-One XL Reverb and Effects Processor
$250.00 Shipped
This reverb is pretty cool. It is simple to use, good sounds, dual engine, and really affordable. This comes with the original box.

(2) Speck console channel strips
$ 65.00 shipped
These are from the first Speck console that Vincent designed. They came with my M72 console. There is a transformer on there, EQ and a mic preamp im pretty sure, but these will definitely need some work. I have no idea how they sound, and I am selling them really cheap and ?as-is?.

(2) Sennheiser 421 MKII Microphones
$ 450.00 Shipped
SOLD

Bang and Olufson Beomic 1000 omni-directional dynamic
SOLD

Voice of Music Crystal Microphone
SOLD

AKG D190E Dynamic Microphone
SOLD

(2) VINTAGE Genalex KT88 and (2) RCA? 6550 Power Tubes
$ 300.00 Shipped
All tubes tested VERY STRONG. One of the KT88s and one of the 6550s has the center peg broken off, I think so it could be used in a keyed socket, all tubes still work perfectly. I?ve seen pairs of the Genalex go for over 400 bucks on Ebay. I doubt anyone on here would want these, but I figured I would try. The Genalex are very sought after tubes by hi-fi enthusiasts.

Bunch of CABLING!
SOLD

(6) 6? Right Angle XLR Cables
SOLD

1U Panel Mount Connector Rack Panel w/ 2 XLR-M and 6 XLR-F
$ 35.00 shipped
This is a single space rack panel with 12 spaces for panel mount connectors. 2 of those spaces have Neutrik male XLRs and 6 of them have Neutrik female XLRs. The connectors are wired with 3 feet of 12 pair Redco cabling.

ELCO Stuff
$ 75.00 Shipped
I had these built by Redco for my old patchbay setup. They could be very useful for someone that needs or wants to use ELCO for any multi-channel setup requiring easy disconnect. I have one 24 Channel male ELCO wired to a 3? tail using Redco TG-24 cable, and also a 12 Channel ELCO with a 3? tail. I also have the female ELCO mates for each, which have a 6? tail. The female ELCO?s can be panel mounted, and I also have the rack panel that they fit into. I am also throwing in a bunch of ELCO connectors I have laying around unused from my console. I originally had these connected from my tracking room snakes to my patchbay, and I put them on ELCOs so I could disconnect the snakes from the patchbay when I moved. If you have any need for this, this is a huge deal, cause I think I spend hundreds of dollars on this stuff originally.

Sunfire True Subwoofer MKII (by Bob Carver)
$ 500.00 Shipped
This is a powered subwoofer, and takes up very little space while providing enormous amounts of very loud, very deep bass. It?s kind of amazing. It has two 10? woofers and uses some kind of proprietary technology to make it sound the way it does. Cosmetically it isn?t in perfect shape, mainly just some scuffs and chipping on the enclosure. The sub worked fine last time I used it, but it?s been over two years. It?s relatively old and is being sold as-is. I recently plugged it in and it worked fine. It has adjustments for crossover frequency and a fully variable phase adjustment. This thing is extremely heavy, and costs a lot to ship. The price above includes shipping, so there you go!

B&W 800 Series High Pass Alignment Filter for Matrix 805s
SOLD

Vintage Ibanez Compressor pedal
$150.00 shipped
I bought this pedal in NY while I was on tour. It has a pretty colorful sound, and might be really cool as an outboard compressor on top of being a cool guitar effect. It works perfectly and is in good cosmetic condition. Battery power only.

Dean Markley PF-13 Tuner Pedal with AC Adapter
$ 50.00 shipped
Tuner pedal. It works. I think the blue light in the center is out, which is kind of stupid but it still works. It?s stil very easy to see when you are in tune. Comes with AC adapter.

Vintage Gretsch Round Badge Cymbal Arm:
$ 100.00 Shipped
I know, it seems like a lot of money right? Well these are really rare and sought after by collectors. I could care less about it, but I?d like to get what it?s worth. Probably something for Ebay?

Vintage Gretsch Round Badge Kick Drum Spikes
$ 100.00 Shipped
Same as above. There are two of these. They could use some buffing to look really sharp (pun not intended).

Vintage Ludwig Snares (no drum!)
$15.00 Shipped
Not sure if these are useful to anyone, or worth anything, but I don't need them. They came off of my 60's Ludwig Jazz Festival Snare. Shit's vintage dude.

COMPUTER STUFF:

PQ53 Deluxe Wi-Fi Motherboard w/ 2GB Corsair Memory
$ 225.00 Shipped
This board is like new, comes in the original box with original documentation, driver CD and all accessories. The board works great, it just had more bells and whistles than I needed. It takes DDR3 memory, and even comes with two 1 GB sticks of Corsair 1333 MHz memory. This specific memory has been approved by ASUS to be stable with this particular board. The model number is: CM3x1024-1333C9. Timing: 9-9-9-24. This board has wireless internet built in and can support a ton of drives. Pretty cool.

4 GB Patriot EXTREME Viper DDR3 1600MHz Memory 7-7-7-20
$75.00 shipped
2 x 2 GB DDR memory modules. People say this stuff is pretty good, I never got a chance to use it?

Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard with P4, 1 GB Memory , dual head video card
$ 200.00 Shipped
This is an awesome and super stable motherboard. It is from my DAW 2 generations ago? so about 4 years. But it?s actually super stable and relatively powerful. This comes with 1 GB of Corsair memory, a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 processor, and a dual head Matrox video card. I ran Samplitude 9 on this computer, and was able to do 32 tracks at 24/96 with absolutely no problems. This could be a great way to build an affordable yet powerful DAW, or even just as a backup system. I had it running in my mobile rig until I just upgraded my main DAW. I would say that this system is the most stable and reliable DAW I ever built.

KDS 15? LCD Monitor
$ 85.00 Shipped
It?s an analog LCD monitor. Nothing fancy, but it works. And it?s a shitload better than a CRT, so if you?re still rocking one of those do yourself (and myself) a HUGE favor and buy this.

Dell Powervault LTO-4-120 Tape Backup, SAS Card and Cable, (5) Quantum LTO-4 tapes
$ 2000.00 Shipped
I don?t know if anyone here would want this, but I?ll give it a shot. This is an LTO-4 Tape backup system. This is what banks, hospitals and law firms use to back up their data. It?s the shit. An LTO-4 tape can store 800 GB of uncompressed data. All LTO formats are backwards combatible one generation for read and write, and backwards compatible 2 generations for read only. I bought this as an archival backup system for my studio. I never had the time to get it up and running, since it needs to be run by a server, a mac or any linux based system. LTO-4 is the recommended medium for archival digital backups, and is supposed to be the most reliable for long term storage. I spent $2600 on all of this stuff last summer and haven?t even touched it. I?m getting rid of it for way cheaper. It comes with the SAS card and cable, and 5 brand new Quantum LTO-4 tapes (they are EXPENSIVE!).

Dell Inspiron 7000 Laptop
$ 75.00 Shipped
It?s pretty old? Pentium II. At any rate, it works. It has a wireless card. It has a case. It?s small. Charger and battery work.

If you are interested in this stuff, send me an email. PM's are ok but i prefer email. russianrecording at hotmail dot com... or just click on the email button thing wherever that may be.

also, please excuse any typing or spelling errors. i saw them but don't feel like finding them now. You know what i meant, please forgive me.

love
mike
Last edited by Russian Recording on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 am, edited 7 times in total.

GetHimEatHim
takin' a dinner break

Post by GetHimEatHim » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:34 pm

pm'd about the Altec!

GetHimEatHim
takin' a dinner break

Post by GetHimEatHim » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:35 pm

er, e-mailed, rather!

Eye
audio school

Post by Eye » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:44 pm

PM'd for the 421's!
.:ESREVER:.

danatkorg
audio school

Post by danatkorg » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 pm

email sent re right-angle cables.
Dan Phillips
Product Manager, Korg R&D

vikingrecording
gettin' sounds

Post by vikingrecording » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 pm

PM'd about Bang and Olufson Beomic 1000 omni-directional dynamic

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:47 pm

I just wanted to say that I wish every 'for sale' post was as well organized as this one. Great photos, great descriptions, easy to read, prices actually posted. Seriously, it doesn't take that long to take a few photos with a real camera (not a cell phone) and write a short, insightful description about your item(s) It inspires confidence in potential buyers (at least for me anyway) and you'll probably get more bites. Maybe I'm just jaded from reading a bunch of shitty craigslist ads that were probably posted on a cell phone.

Best of luck with your sale.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 pm

nate wrote:I just wanted to say that I wish every 'for sale' post was as well organized as this one. Great photos, great descriptions, easy to read, prices actually posted. Seriously, it doesn't take that long to take a few photos with a real camera (not a cell phone) and write a short, insightful description about your item(s) It inspires confidence in potential buyers (at least for me anyway) and you'll probably get more bites. Maybe I'm just jaded from reading a bunch of shitty craigslist ads that were probably posted on a cell phone.

Best of luck with your sale.
Nate, thanks very much for noticing. I did spend a lot of time taking these photos and writing descriptions. I feel the same way as you do, and it feels good to know others feel the same way.

A few things have sold, and a few are on hold.

SOLD:
Altec saltshaker
(6) right angle mic cables

victor
studio intern

Post by victor » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:56 pm

i'd like to get that thing for the matrix 805's. that's exactly the situation i'm in.

can i paypal you? i'm in boston.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:15 pm

victor wrote:i'd like to get that thing for the matrix 805's. that's exactly the situation i'm in.

can i paypal you? i'm in boston.
victor, i sent you a PM. did you get it? it has my Paypal email address info in it.

best,
mike

victor
studio intern

Post by victor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 pm

hey, yes, sorry, crazy long day.... paypal sent on the b&w 805 filter thingie... thanks and best! -v

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:40 am

bunch of stuff that's been sold and payed for has been marked as such.

but there's still a ton of stuff available. some of it is "on hold" but pending payment.

are computers out of style? all this computer stuff!

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Hey everybody.

Everything that's been sold is marked as sold.

The rest is available as of now, although I'm waiting to hear back on a few items.

I will be posting most of the remaining stuff on Ebay tomorrow afternoon, so let me know if you want any of this stuff before then. thanks everybody,

mike

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:11 pm

do you have any more info on that tcs compressor? can't find any info anywhere...

what kind of gain reduction? tube or ss makeup gain? transformer balanced i/o? etc etc.

suitable at all for 2-buss applications?
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:59 pm

dynomike wrote:do you have any more info on that tcs compressor? can't find any info anywhere...

what kind of gain reduction? tube or ss makeup gain? transformer balanced i/o? etc etc.

suitable at all for 2-buss applications?
The comp is solid state, unbalanced 1/4" in and out, with side chain in and out. I dont think there is any info to be found, i havent ever seen any. Like i said, I think it's VERY similar to the Audion compressor, another russian comp. see here for more info:
http://www.chrisgarges.com/images/PS3010.html

the main difference is the layout, the de-esser section and the sidechain send and return. The sounded fairly similar to me (I owned both at one point).

I like sound of the comp, it's pretty unique and unlike any other compressor I've used. I first used an Audion compressor at Electrical Audio in studio B, which is why i wanted one in the the first place. I used it on snare drum and was pretty blown away. I used this comp a lot for ducking bass using a kick drum signal, and also ducking snare out of a kick drum mic.