Stolen Gear Alert/Seeking Replacement Gear

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

adadan
studio intern

Stolen Gear Alert/Seeking Replacement Gear

Post by adadan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:47 am

I already posted this on the "Stolen Gear" sticky in GearTalk, but here's a repeat for good measure:

Carmichael, CA (outside Sacramento). Last night my car was broken into and some gear stolen:

Pair of TnC "group buy" ACM-310 small diaphragm tube condensers, in full cases w/power supplies, shock mounts, etc.,

Misc. bag of 6-7 mic stands, best of them were a DR Pro small/short boom stand, and a couple of QuikLok boom stands

Box full of all kinds of mic clips and windscreens (this hurts, because some of my unusual clips were in there--EV 310's, etc.,) plus about three or four short mic adapter cables with 4-pin male (Shure Unidyne III type) amphenol connectors to XLR male

Modded MXL 990/MXL 991 kit with the logo partially steel-wooled off the 991 body

Electronics repair tool kit (Boxer multi bit/screwdriver sets, wire cutters, needlenose, etc.), plus vintage green hammerite paint metal box full of electronics cleaning chemicals (Caig Deoxit, Faderlube, etc.)

LUCKY FOR ME: Like an idiot, I left my pair of original Groove Tubes MD1 mics and power supply in the car, but I discovered one of the best things about 1990 Corolla station wagons: even if somebody smashes the rear window, they still can't open the hatchback if it's locked, so they had to take what they could easily grab through the broken glass, and the GT's were close to the front of the car. Those cost me $800 for the pair, and would probably be hardest to replace of anything in the car, vs. about $1000 retail for everything else that was stolen combined, so I'm definitely thanking my lucky stars for that.

So, anyone from the group buy have an extra pair of ACM-310 they might want to sell? Or some of those amphenol 4 pin connectors so I can use my Unidyne III mics again? I can get those adapter cable to 1/4" unbalanced (since lots of people use the Unidyne III for harp) on ebay for about $50 each, so I'll do that if I have to.
"There are no prima donnas in engineering."
(Freeman Dyson)

atavacron
steve albini likes it

Post by atavacron » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Post this on all the local Craigslists! Check the pawn shops! Someone's out there about to unload all your stuff for $200.
shipwreckoakland.com
5 1 0 . 9 7 2 . T A P E