FS: Gretsch 6 String Bass / Baritone Guitar SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

FS: Gretsch 6 String Bass / Baritone Guitar SOLD

Post by tiger vomitt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Gretsch Electromatic Jet Baritone 6 String Bass Guitar with Bigsby Vibrato and GFS pickup!

Black sparkle finish. Bass is in great condition with no issues. I'm the original owner but I've barely used it in the year I've owned it. I play these kind of six string basses as my main instrument.

It has a 30" scale like the Fender Bass VI. It is tuned E to E, one octave lower than standard guitar. Its lowest note is tuned to the same pitch as a bass guitar. With proper baritone strings it would also nicely accomodate other tunings like B to B or A to A, etc.

This Gretsch was my backup, I think I only used it during one show when I broke a string on my main bass during the first song. I'm used to the feel and sound of the shorter scale Fender I usually play so I ended up not getting a lot of use out of it.

Of the six string basses I have tried of this type, I would say the Gretsch gets the most solid bass guitar sound. That quality is nicely coupled with the cool sounds you can get out of the Bigsby, like vibrato on chords or awesomely controllable feedback when you use some fuzz. The Bigsby is great and is probably my favorite part of this guitar. It holds the tuning perhaps suprisingly well.

I installed a GFS single coil in the neck position which both sounds great and looks super cool. The original Gretsch pickup will be included with the sale of this item. It is currently strung with almost new Fender Bass VI roundwound strings. I have some spare strings and also some used strings i'll throw in too, theyre good as backups in case one should break on ya (my fender uses slightly different strings so i dont need em)

Comes in a bass gig bag! (it doesnt come with one when you buy it new, im including it in the sale cuz it'd be nice to get it with a case). I also have the original shipping box to help it get there super safe and secure!

$xxx plus shipping. not interested in trades, sorry. im flexible on the price only to those who are local with cash. im a long time tape op'er with 100% feedback on ebay (im "pointy!" on ebay).

tons of pics here:
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee60 ... =slideshow
the pics have a greenish hue from the other stuff in the picture. the finish is actually black, not greenish at all.

here's the product page on musician's friend, posting it for whatever. i dont know why :lol:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=511568

im in brooklyn if youd like to pick it up in person. feel free to contact me with any questions!