FS: Racked pair of PM-1000 channels SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

JASIII
george martin

FS: Racked pair of PM-1000 channels SOLD

Post by JASIII » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:42 am

It's killing me inside to part with these. They are wonderful. I have for sale a pair of Yamaha PM-1000 channels, with eq and DI's, racked by DigitalDrummer. I bought the unit directly from him in July of '07 and he did a great job on them. I used them on a few sessions, but haven't had an operational studio for a year and a half, so they've been sitting unused in a box. Someone should be using them. There is a small bit of rack rash that you can see in one of the photos. The other photo is from DigitalDrummer's website. Includes the power cable and a copy of the original PM-1000 manual I printed out.

Asking $500, I'll pay shipping to the lower 48. No trades, please.
Last edited by JASIII on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

ofajen
pushin' record

Re: FS: Racked pair of PM-1000 channels

Post by ofajen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:14 am

JASIII wrote:It's killing me inside to part with these. They are wonderful. I have for sale a pair of Yamaha PM-1000 channels, with eq and DI's, racked by DigitalDrummer. I bought the unit directly from him in July of '07 and he did a great job on them. I used them on a few sessions, but haven't had an operational studio for a year and a half, so they've been sitting unused in a box. Someone should be using them. There is a small bit of rack rash that you can see in one of the photos. The other photo is from DigitalDrummer's website. Includes the power cable and a copy of the original PM-1000 manual I printed out.

Asking $500 + shipping. No trades, please.

I'm going to go cry now.....
Do you know the maximum gain figure for these preamps?

Thanks!

Otto
Daddy-O Daddy-O Baby

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:15 am

According to the manual, it says 76 +/- 2 db. You may want to check with Mike (DigitalDrummer) and see if he can provide more info. His website is www.digitaldrummer.net and he is a member here. Thanks for your question.
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

against88
takin' a dinner break

Post by against88 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:21 am

do these have output transformers? if so are they the original tamura?

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:49 am

Yes, it does have the original Tamura GA80080 output transformers. Thank you for asking

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Post by digitaldrummer » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:00 am

I've never scientifically measured them but I'm guessing they have somewhere around 60 dB gain - just an estimate though.

Mike
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 am

Thanks Mike. I would like to point out that I was to use these pre's with ribbon mics easily with no problems.

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:53 am

I will pay shipping to the lower 48.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Pm'd.

Very interested.