Free (to the engineer with the best reason) dbx 266 comp/lim

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Free (to the engineer with the best reason) dbx 266 comp/lim

Post by alexdingley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:15 am

Hey!

So, I have utterly no use for this rack compressor limiter... I've had it for years and years, and I'm sure it works fine, but I'm not really interested in using it.

So... Come up with the best reason for use / entertaining signal chain, and we'll work out how to get it to you.

Enjoy!

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

oh... point of clarification

Post by alexdingley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:03 am

Please don't PM me.... come up with something entertaining, funny, absurd...etc. This post is for entertainment & free stuff. Please don't PM me telling me that it'd be great for you.

bec
audio school

Post by bec » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:12 am

Two words: Toilet Overdubs.

AK Audio
gettin' sounds

Post by AK Audio » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:38 am

I realize this response isn't exactly humorous, but I serve as the faculty adviser for the Audio Club at a small college in Seattle. We're in the process of soliciting funds for our own gear so we don't have to borrow any. If we could wrangle up some stuff ahead of time it would greatly help our cause!

I'll leave it to your imagination as far as the antics a bunch of budding engineers in college are capable of. They're great guys though and very responsible (no women in the club yet, but we're working on it).

Thanks for your consideration. Best,

- Scott

OptimusRhyme
ass engineer

Post by OptimusRhyme » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:53 am

I run a small live sound company that caters exclusively to unions actively campaigning and demonstrating for the rights of Marcel Marceau impersonators, and, until this point, we have run into a major snag at all of their speeches and rallies; Mainly, mimes appear to be pretty dynamic source material (especially when politically empassioned) and neither gain rides nor polar patterns have helped me reign in their gesticulations, sonically.

I believe with this piece of gear you have here, I could really perfect an element of their demonstrations that is sorely lacking, and corner this particular market.

Yup.

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I've always wanted to create music that sucked so bad it could literally damage equipment...

*begins pondering weird experimentation*
New Judas Jetski EP up! andysmash.bandcamp.com

www.andysmash.com

snatchman
george martin

Post by snatchman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:11 pm

I want it 'cause I ain't got one..!.... :oops:

willowhaus
takin' a dinner break

Post by willowhaus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Well...I happen to run audio at a local Baha'i center that is badly in need of a decent system compressor. I could trade it for the Behringer they use now, and run it over with my van. You'd not only be helping our choir. but you could be instrumental in ridding the world of a Behringer! (I'll happily send pics, videos, or even its decimated carcass to prove my end of the deal!)

blackwaterstudios
pluggin' in mics

Post by blackwaterstudios » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:34 pm

I will use it to compress a beer fart and use it in my next recording. Seriously.

iamfrobs
audio school

Post by iamfrobs » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 pm

I need new gear to compulsively masturbate too. It's not illegal, it's frowned upon.

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Dying for a compressor to pump up this air mattress. I've passed out four times and it's only half full.

What?

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 pm

I was trying to think of something funny to write here, but then it occurred to me that I might possibly end up with the thing, so I changed my mind.

illacov
pluggin' in mics

Post by illacov » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:08 am

I want to mod it, so when I'm tracking drums for my Polka Hip Hop album I can make hits and potato Perogies at the same time!

What you know about DJ Lawrence Welch?? And the Lady Gaga (Polka Face) remix??

Peace
Illumination

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:17 am

&o
Last edited by toothpastefordinner on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mfassett
audio school

Post by mfassett » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:50 am

I don't want it. If you send it to me I will send it back, and I'll buy a second one on ebay and send that one to you too.

My music sucks enough already without that piece of shit compressor in my rack. It's hard to believe anything would suck more then my music, but that DBX compressor would.

So do NOT send it. If you do, I will use it to hammer nails in my construction projects. I will use it to stir my cocktails. I will use it to keep the door to my studio open. I would hollow it out and build it into a bong. Then I would send it back, with the other one I'd buy on ebay.