Found this it pitt. Vintage Gear for sale Lots of beauties b

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

whitestoneaudio
audio school graduate

Found this it pitt. Vintage Gear for sale Lots of beauties b

Post by whitestoneaudio » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:08 pm

I love it so much, I named my dog Audio.
Long Live Analog!!

matyas
pushin' record

Post by matyas » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I know this guy. He's kind of a local legend, and I took a recording class he taught years ago. No idea what he wants for all that sweet gear.
"Music is an oversimplification of the situation we are in." - John Cage

whitestoneaudio
audio school graduate

what do you do in pitt?? im up here from south florida

Post by whitestoneaudio » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Ive been tryin to meet the recording and live community up here and havent had much luck. I went to ARTI in orlando in 2001 and worked for a live company down there that did the big moroso motorsports shows and was an engineer at a local venue until i moved up here. I ended up working in the garden center of lowes for the first 2 and a half years up here and finally started doing church setups and sound for small shows but im in youngstown, OH and there isnt much work. Ive met and seen some of the work some of the so called live sound companies do here and want no part of it. As far as recording , i am just starting to meet people in the area and am the only one with any analog gear and experience so im taking the second and 3rd floor apartmenst of my house and doing a small studio space. It just sucks being broke during my second startup. At least my first studio down south, the gear was all in working order. It sat stored in a damp basement up here for 3 winters. I had to take everything apart and rebuild. Between the fender rhodes, My B16, a busted MOTU 2408 and a Soundcraft 400B ive had my hands full. Whew, Sorry bro, I just finished a vat of coffee. If i had cash id be buying that up. That gear list is tight. Every broke analog guys dream. Im up in pitt alot hanging on the south side. If you ever do live stuff, or need help or if i have something you need for a session, let me know. Im only an hour and half away. Enough ramblin, im off to fix gear.

Take it easy,
Nate
I love it so much, I named my dog Audio.
Long Live Analog!!

plammie
audio school

Gear

Post by plammie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm in Pittsburgh, too. I saw the ad last month and contacted them, but the ad is placed by someone who is acting as a broker for the Granati brothers. They gave me a phone number to call to discuss buying, but I was just sorta window shopping and kicking tires. I'm somewhat interested -- it's just one of those situations where I don't want to start talking gear with them because I'd probably end up buying, haha. Gotta keep the gear habit on a leash.

The Granati brothers and G-Force are local legends and the gear they are selling is pretty tasty. Joey and David play pretty much every weekend at a dueling piano bar in the South Side called Charlie Murdoch's. They're both ridiculously good musicians -- check them out there if you ever get a chance. They're playing covers, obviously, but they do a damn good job.