Voicematic Pres & Five Fish SC-1 - ALL SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Jed
gimme a little kick & snare

Voicematic Pres & Five Fish SC-1 - ALL SOLD

Post by Jed » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm

SOLD - Industrial Research Products Voice-Matic - SOLD

Five Fish SC-1 mic pre (original version) in Par Metal case with JLM power supply. SOLD

Last edited by Jed on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

sound for sandwiches

Post by sound for sandwiches » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm interested in the IRM unit, was having problems with the email button but sent a PM. hit me back if you get this.

David

Jed

Post by Jed » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi all,

Some folks emailed to ask about clips so I've done a simple recording with each mic pre. Listen for yourself below.

The recording is me and a nashvile tuned acoustic guitar (a Seagull if you care). The Fish Fish had a Blue Baby Bottle on it. Gain was about halfway. I maxed it at the end so you can hear the noisefloor. (As I recall, the FF has ~72db of gain. It's crazy.)

No particular attention was paid to mic placement. Pointing approximately at the 12th fret. The Baby Bottle was about 12 inches away. No compression, eq or anything else. Just recorded through an RME Multiface in Sonar, normalized, exported, and converted to 320kbs mp3.

My apologies for the crappy guitar playing, lousy placement, and these awfully long links. The only place I could figure out where to put these files was up on comcast, which was like pulling teeth.

Fivefish - https://publish.comcast.net/dpath/7pJBZ ... XuvY6AnLo/

Jed
Last edited by Jed on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ckeene
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by ckeene » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:49 am

I have the same voice master box. Those pres are easy to rewire to have direct outs. If anyone needs instructions, PM me and I'll show you how.

Also, if anyone has a schematic to these, please PM me.

Thanks,

-chris