Gear FS; Davisound, Analog delay, Compressors, mics, etc.

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Gear FS; Davisound, Analog delay, Compressors, mics, etc.

Post by centurymantra » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:18 am

Davisound TB-3 ?Glass Action Inner Tube? Compressor Pre-Amplifier
$1,200
This is a beautiful looking and beautiful sounding 2-channel piece that incorporates two of the Davisound preamps with two of their compressors, along with a tube gain stage that allows you to allows you to lower the "soft clipping" threshold of the tube by adjusting the tube's gain bias voltage, thus allowing you to introduce a substantial amount of tube gain that can be super clean or nice and crunchy. The pictures just barely do this thing justice. The faceplate is walnut with a purpleheart wood top that makes you sad to close it up in a rack. This is a unique and versatile piece. The pres are in the clean camp, though they are far from sterile with a particular sheen to the sound that is very nice and takes well to just about any style of music. The compressors are amazing, and the tube gain gives you the option to add that ?extra something? to the sound when needed. More info can be seen at their online manual; [url]ttp://www.davisound.com/TB3.html[/url] I should note that, for what it?s worth, he actually used my TB-3 for the photo on the site prior to shipping it out to me. That being said, I?m including a couple of pics that I took. The unit is in near mint shape and working perfectly.

Yamaha E1010 Analog Delay
$225 SOLD
Classic analog delay sound that can get you a nice character and vibe and will easily usher you into mad-dub territory if you so desire. Great for vocals, awesome on keys, etc.,etc. This piece shows some wear, but is in decent shape and 100% fully functional, with no scratchy pots or notable issues. I did have to replace one missing button on the front which is a slightly different height, but it still blends in nicely. Outside of that, there is scratching on the top and bottom, and a vertical crack in the front faceplate, both of which should be seen on my pics.

Aphex 651 Expressor compressor
$140
Great compressor?much praise can be found here and elsewhere on the web. This piece is 100% functional, but does show the usual signs of wear. The faceplate is roughed up a bit with some scuffing and tape/sticker glue and the top is scratched up. It is still in totally acceptable condition and works perfectly. A short aftermarket power cord about 18? with a good Furutech connector has been installed. I can include a copy of the original manual.

DBX 163x compressor
$70
Awesome and funky little compressor. I?m sure you know the scoop on this thing if you?re considering it. Works perfect?shows some wear and tear. These things are great. I have two rack ears (not the full kit) that will be included.

Little Labs STD instrument cable extender/splitter
$90 SOLD
Handy little piece that allows you to use long microphone cables or microphone tie lines to extend your guitar or any instrument cable without the loss of tone and increase of noise associated with long instrument cable runs. It also has two outputs for splitting between two amps or between an amp and a direct injection box, with a selectable ground lift on one output to eliminate ground loop problems. Perfect condition with original box.

Countryman Type 85 Fet DI box
$70 SOLD
Great sounding DI?sort of an ?industry standard?. A little beat up, but still in OK shape and working perfectly.

Adcom GFS-3 Speaker Selector
$25
You would normally see this used in home audio system applications, but it could work well as a monitor selector in the studio as well. Good condition and works nicely for its intended purpose.

Tech21 Original Sansamp Classic Amp Simulator
$200 SOLD
Great amp simulator pedal?perfect, near mint condition.

ADK TL multi-pattern LDC microphone
$225
Nice mic, with four selectable patterns. Includes the zippered carrying pouch and standard shockmount. The mic is working great and is in excellent condition.

Fostex COP-1 optical/digital convertor
$35
This little box takes care of converting toslink to coax and vice versa. Handy for its intended purpose. Includes power supply.

MBT rackmount cases
$60/each
I have three hardshell, lightweight rackmount cases available; two 6-space and one 4-space. They are in excellent condition all around. These were never ?on the road? and pretty much lived in my studio the entire time I?ve owned them. The 4-space rack is actually brand new and completely unused with the tag on it, as it was purchased for some reconfiguration that didn?t end up happening.

Allen & Heath Mixwizard 16:2
$375
This is a great little mixer with decent pres and very nice, eminently usable EQs. Direct outs on all channels. Perfect working condition. I had this piece tuned up by a tech not too long ago when he was fixing a couple minor issues on the board. It?s received only minor use since then and is, as such, in tip-top condition after getting a clean bill of health from the tech. The board shows some wear with a few scratches here and there, and some other minor signs of wear. I would even be willing to throw in the rack the mixer is mounted on in the pic if the buyer would like to take it and is willing to cover the extra bit of shipping. I have a manual for the piece and may even have schematics, although I think both are readily available online from A&H.

Lexicon LXP-1
$90 SOLD
Classic half rack verb/delay box. Great condition, fully functional. Includes power supply.

Pearl Chad Smith Signature Snare Drum + Tuxedo bag; 14x5
$115
Minty condition..looks and sounds great. A nice Tuxedo padded snare drum bag will also be included.

Raxxess 1RU rack shelf; good condition ? some scratches
$10

Audio Technica ATHM20 headphones; kept around as backup phones ? virtually unused ? used once or twice for an hour or so; $35 including shipping to lower 48

I also have a variety of cables available. More to come, but here?s a few I?m listing now;

Insert cables ? custom made w/ Canare cable and Neutrik connectors

7? TRS-TRS w/ wide spread; $15
5? TRS-XLRx2; $12
5? TRS-TRS; $10

Planet Waves 30? instrument cable; $25

Quantum Audio instrument cables; nicely made w/ good heat shrunk G&H connectors and OFC copper.

20? yellow; $10
20? blue; $10
10? purple; $8

Rapco XLR mic cable 25?; $10

Proco XLR mic cables; mid-level in the product line

25?; $15
15?; $10
Last edited by centurymantra on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bryan
Shoeshine Recording Studio
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Post by inasilentway » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:28 am

PM sent for the Countryman
"some kinds of love, the possibilities are endless"

runrunrun
re-cappin' neve

Post by runrunrun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:11 pm

pm'd

Mankinda
pluggin' in mics

Post by Mankinda » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:16 pm

pm sent for the mixer
signal chain gang

Jon Nolan
tinnitus

Post by Jon Nolan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:37 pm

PM'd for the analog delay...

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 am

Update...and a bump.

Bryan
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

Mankinda
pluggin' in mics

Post by Mankinda » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 pm

... hey Bryan. I wrote you back about the final arrangements but its not showing as "sent" in my mailbox. Just wanted to make sure you saw it; if not, you can call me at the number listed in my prev. pm. I'll take the mixer and the 2 Mogami / Neutrik snakes..
signal chain gang

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 am

Updated...sales pending on the Aphex 651 and Mixwizard

Bryan

fairdrive
pluggin' in mics

Post by fairdrive » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 pm

PM'd about the rack cases.

CDT
pluggin' in mics

Post by CDT » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:42 am

pm on 163x. thanks. sorry if there was a duplicate, I didn't see the first show up in my 'sent' box.

thanks, Chris