FS/FT: Mid 90's US G&L SB-1 w/ Rio Grande Muy Grande

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

kojdogg
buyin' gear

FS/FT: Mid 90's US G&L SB-1 w/ Rio Grande Muy Grande

Post by kojdogg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm a bit ambivalent about this, but I am starting a car downpayment fund...

I got this about 6 months ago locally. It's a US made (Fullerton, CA) G&L SB-1 bass. I believe it to be a mid 90's model based on the serial number which starts with B025....

I had a Rio Grande Muy Grande pickup and RS Guitarworks P-Bass kit professionally installed and the bass set up for a nice low action about 4 months ago. It is currently strung with flats. A wooden thumb rest was installed by a previous owner. The previous owner told me that the bass was refretted within months of when I bought the bass from him and the frets shows very little wear.

Issues: The fretboard has numerous discolorations around the frets and a little piece of the pickguard broke off, so it takes a screw with a little washer to hold it down.

Looking for $575 shipped to the lower 48. Will come with a cheap gig bag. Will cut a deal for anyone local. Feel free to make offers, but not ridiculous ones. I'll try to get detail pics up w/in a few days, but it's tough during the week.

I'd trade for a BLUE Mouse (transformer version)

________
MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES