FS: Micro Modular, 828, XP-80 & more

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

sonix>phonix
audio school graduate

FS: Micro Modular, 828, XP-80 & more

Post by sonix>phonix » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:43 pm

02/11/10 EDIT: I'm knocking down prices, but I'm going to keep the original asking prices for reference.

Hey all. I'm selling out of my project studio in Brooklyn, NY. Pick ups only. Please PM me if you have any questions. I have pix if you're curious.
Thanks!
Jonathan Sorge

McIntosh MAC 4100 Receiver in decent working condition but the left channel of the preamp output is in need of repair. Also, the front metal plate has some light visible corrosion. Other than that she's a beaut! Been part of my family for thrity years but she needs to go to someone who will take good care of her.
WAS $400.00 OBO
NOW $300

Clavia Nord Micro Modular. Original owner kept in great condition. There is plenty of online support for Nord's modular sereis including a Java app called Nomad (which supports the Micro Modular) of the editor that runs on OSX. The original editor software runs on Windows and there is also a Beta for OSX which you can download from Clavia's website.
WAS $500.00
NOW NOT FOR SALE

Korg ER-1 mkI with original packaging and power cord by original owner. Works perfectly, with a few surface marks., otherwise it has been very well cared for.
WAS $150.00
NOW $100

[SOLD]Roland XP-80 with custom-built carrying case includes Dance Expansion board for sale by original onwer. All keys, sliders, joystick and buttons work perfectly. The keyboard's screen is damaged and in need of repair. The floppy disk drive door is missing, but has never been an issue.
WAS $300.00
NOW $250

[SOLD]MOTU 828 mkI with box and LONG firwire cable. Preamp 1 is shot, but everything else is in good working order. This unit would be great for anyone who needs some extra I/O for their live rig or studio.
WAS $80.00
NOW $60

Thanks for reading
Last edited by sonix>phonix on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Not trying to knock you down but I have a Nord Micro and tried to get rid of it awhile back...couldn't get even $300 for it...so I built a true bypass effects loop switch for my pedal board and made all kinds of crazy patches so now it sits in my guitar rig. Very cool box but GL getting $500...I'd be surprised to get that for my Nord G2 Engine honestly.

sonix>phonix
audio school graduate

Post by sonix>phonix » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 am

Cool. I appreciate your POV. I'm on the fence about selling the Nord. I may end up keeping it and restoring an old laptop to be a dedicated editor.
I'll keep the price tag as is for now. If anyone reading this wants to make an offer, I'll consider it.
Thanks again.

rollmottle
ass engineer

Post by rollmottle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:55 am

kslight wrote:Not trying to knock you down but I have a Nord Micro and tried to get rid of it awhile back...couldn't get even $300 for it...so I built a true bypass effects loop switch for my pedal board and made all kinds of crazy patches so now it sits in my guitar rig. Very cool box but GL getting $500...I'd be surprised to get that for my Nord G2 Engine honestly.
I just sold one yesterday on eBay for $450. That was the buy it now price that I didn't expect anybody to really go for. I think there's kind of a following of these things. I got it for 250 years ago.

sonix>phonix
audio school graduate

Post by sonix>phonix » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm

I also saw a Nord Modular on ebay going for close to 1600 a couple days ago. Wikipedia also notes these units start about 700 used.

Anyway. I'm acutally going to keep the Micro for awhile, put together a dedicated OS 9 Mac as an editor/Intellivision emulator/Rebirth-338 Toy.
Perhaps someday I'll sell that as bundle...

I didn't think I'd fall back in love with the Nord, but it's got a killer sound.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Hmmm interesting market I guess. I saw a G2 engine for $600...

I would try to sell mine but I got burned too many times as a seller on eBay. I think it'd be cool just to use it as an outboard fx unit though...

sonix>phonix
audio school graduate

Post by sonix>phonix » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 pm

I've always wanted a G2 Engine... maybe some day in the future you'll consider selling yours to me?

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 am

sonix>phonix wrote:I've always wanted a G2 Engine... maybe some day in the future you'll consider selling yours to me?
Depends on how much I could get out of it..it has seen maybe 20 hours of use...I bought it new 5 years ago. I still have the manual and the rack ears, power and USB cables. The only thing bad about it is the paint on it is scraped up a bit. Not sure if I want to sell it though...I'm not strapped for cash and unfortunately my gear lusts exceed the Nord's value...and I'd feel bad about not using it much...I'd really like to use it as an insane outboard fx but I don't have a satisfactory setup for this at the moment.