TL Audio EQ-1

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

TL Audio EQ-1

Post by Brian Brock » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:47 pm

SOLD

TL Audio EQ-1 in fine condition.

This is the blue reissue, which is much better looking than the original - only 500 were produced, apparently. High voltage tube 2 channel 4 band EQ (switchable to 1 channel 8 band), with separate line, mic, DI input jacks. I checked it out a few months ago - it sounds good and everything works. I will include a copy of the manual.

For more info see the manual: http://www.bigdocs.co.uk/tlaudio/docs/p ... Manual.pdf

$435 shipped in the USA

Email me at btbrock yahoo com
Last edited by Brian Brock on Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:41 pm

I've seen alot of varied opinions on this unit. Great high feq, and the other bands are weak, innaffective, boring; also....great on snares, character, blah blah. It seems pretty decent for the price. Mostly looking to use on acostic guitar, vocals and mixes. Leaning toward a JK Audio r24 at the moment, but stuido build out putting gear buys on hold.

just curious:

What sources did you use it on? What did or didn't it work with?

either way it's a free bump.

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:55 pm

I used it with some good results on some stereo acoustic guitars, and as a bass DI. I also had a great time cranking the input on some drum machines. I think I described when overdriven as sounding like the Starship Enterprise crashing into a pile of Jello. I don't have a great preference for the high band over the others, but I have seen that idea bouncing around - all the bands have the same bandwidth, so perhaps people like the Q on the highs and not on the mids? It's a pretty broad Q, which I would think would suit it to running mixes through it, but I haven't done that for a while - in the past few years I've mostly used it as part of a "fuck shit up" analog chain, either for distortion or just to tame/boost any excitable frequencies before it goes back into the DAW. I would use it a lot more, but I just don't use outboard that much any more.

I used it for mic pres for a while, too. I think they are not amazing but usable - I almost would keep it around just for when I need another couple of versatile mic preamps.

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:50 pm