looking for mackie sdr

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Pepsi
audio school

looking for mackie sdr

Post by Pepsi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:54 am

hi there,

im trying to find a mackie sdr recorder and keep checking ebay but nothing seems to come up. has anyone got one they would like to sell? im willing to pay ?450 ($685)

many thanks.
matt.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 am

Question...have you considered an Alesis HD24? These are a bit more modern and still manufactured even...very easy to find. I bought an HD24XR (upgraded converters) gently used in February for $650.

Pepsi
audio school

Post by Pepsi » Mon May 03, 2010 3:02 am

hey, yeah i have been looking at the hd24, tascam mx2424, another tascam (cant remember the name), some akai recorders and also some fostex hard disk recorders. im really only interested in the mackie sdr. even though it may not have the best converters or be the most modern, it looks like it would be really nice and quick to work with and have a really nice workflow. the problem is, i cant find one anywhere!. i dont what to spend out on an MDR or a HDR and i like the simplicity of the sdr. also the sdr is the newest, so maybe mackie learned from any mistakes they may have made with the mdr or hdr.

matt

drunton
pushin' record

Post by drunton » Thu May 06, 2010 4:21 am

Matt - I have to agree with the HD24XR recommendation. I had an MDR with all of the upgrades and although the sound was fine, issues with keeping it working, software glitches, and the fact that overall it was a PC with modified firmware made it not so easy to work with. I sold it after a few months and got an HD24XR. I never looked back!

I used it for live recording - hooked straight to the back of my Onyx pre's out via DB25 cables. I basically bought it because I was having concerns about my laptop recording in real time. I was playing, running sound, and wanted to capture the band's performance. With the laptop I was always having to check if everything was ok, no glitches, etc. I ended up feeling the same way about the MDR. The HD24XR, I have never worried a bit. Fire it up, hit record, and it's perfect every time.

Just my .02
- Another toy that helped destroy the noble race of man
- www.corporatelockdown.com