For Sale: Studio Projects LSD-2

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

andersmv
audio school graduate

For Sale: Studio Projects LSD-2

Post by andersmv » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:58 pm

PRICE DROP TO $450!

I have never sold anything over here, but I have this posted on Gearslutz and and sold a number of things over there...

For sale is a Studio Projects LSD-2 Stereo mic. I might be open to trades so let me know what you have.

I got this mic for a specific purpose and session, and I'm done now. It was a great mic to work with and served its purpose exceptionally. I really want to keep it because it's unique and SOOO convenient in terms of stereo micing technique options, but I did some thinking and I just don't need to have it.

I do a lot of recording in a room here at my house, it's smaller and not that great sounding so I don't find myself stereo micing that much, especially in M/S of other non spaced techniques that rely on some ambiance. If I do for some reason need to do XY, I'll use my Rode NT-4. I work at a recording school so when I do need to incorporate stereo techniques, I have plenty of other mics to choose from, which is very nice!

The LSD-2 is two studio project C3 microphones on one body. Each capsule has switchable cardioid, omni, and figure 8 patterns and a roll off. If you are thinking about getting a C3 for vocals or such, this would be a great opportunity to get that and more. Another "benefit" of this over the C3 is that it only has a single layer head basket, which many people prefer (That's one mod you'll see Jolly do to most of his mics that he modifies).

I'll get some pictures up soon. It's in good shape, I don't say great just because I've only taken it out of the case a handful of time to use it in the studio. I have not looked it over meticulously so I'll reserve judgment until I do that. I would like $450 for it plus whatever shipping is going to be (We can work out shipping and what not). I'm always interested in trades though, I'm a sucker for new stuff. I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff on here and never had any problems, I'm not sure if I've ever used the itrader system though. Just to reiterate, the only reason I'm selling this is because I don't really need it. As I said, I just got a job at a recording school so I have access to a larger selection of gear now which has allowed me to shift around priorities in terms of what gear I own that I can get rid of to free up some money and buy other stuff.

Let me know if you're interested in buying or trading.
Last edited by andersmv on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andersmv
audio school graduate

Post by andersmv » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Don't be afraid to make me an offer...

thecheat
pushin' record

LSD-2

Post by thecheat » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Would you at all be interested in trading for a dead mint Earthworks SR-25?

ive been dead jonsing for this mic for a while. if not what other stuff are you interested in?

Thanks!

Chris
"It's like Tom Jones Gargling a Hammer."
http://www.alpacaranchrecording.com

andersmv
audio school graduate

Post by andersmv » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Sent you a PM.

andersmv
audio school graduate

Post by andersmv » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 pm

PRICE DROP TO $450, COME ON!