Symetrix 528, Focusrite Trakmaster (original one)

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Symetrix 528, Focusrite Trakmaster (original one)

Post by lancebug » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Getting ready to put these up on the bay, so I thought I'd air them out here first.
Sale Pending Symetrix 528 is the original one (not the E) with the colored knobs and is running great. Only getting rid of it cause I just picked up 4 SX202's which have the same preamp stage, and I don't eq/compress on the way in that much. I used it for lots of stuff with great results, but it was especially cool behind my sansamp bass driver, which is the only time I routinely used the compressor and/or the eq.
Anyhow, I'd like to see $150 shipped.

Focusrite Trakmaster, Platinum Version. This is the original one, not the one with the goofy blue dial. Getting rid of it to fund an upgrade to a Focusrite ISA series unit. The new ones seem a little more restrictive, like its been designed for the lowest common denominator. This one actually has a 3 band eq (low, high and pesence) and a little "tube" nob, which is just a distortion effect, but can actually be fun in the right context. I am not going to pretend that this isn't a platinum series unit, but it often go the nod over lots of other things. We just finished an album where almost all of the vocals were through an EV RE10 into the trackmaster, which seemed to be a magic combination on lots of voices both male and female. I think I may still have the original box and the manual.
Guess I am looking for the same thing as the 528, which is about $150 shipped.

Email me at lancebug A T gmail D O T com if you're interested.
Last edited by lancebug on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Oh yeah, the Trackmaster is this one if the link works:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Nov01/a ... master.asp

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:26 pm

email sent about the symetrix.

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Didn't you mean to write "email sent about the Trakmaster"? You realize that its a Platinum series, and Platinum is more valuable than gold and silver put together.