Cymbals & Stuff For Sale

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

cgarges
zen recordist

Cymbals & Stuff For Sale

Post by cgarges » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Hey folks,

I've been stocking up on Paiste Giant Beats and I'm in love with them, so I'm letting some other stuff go.

13" Paiste Sound Formula Heavy Hi Hats
Fabulous Paiste hi hats from the discontinued Sound Formula series, similar to Zildjian As and made from the Paiste "Signature" alloy. These were my main hi hats for many years until I broke down and bought a set of rare and valuable Formula 602 hats. When I started traveling more, I didn't want to take either set of "no longer available" hi hats out, so I bought some Paiste Twenty 14" hats, which I still have. The Sound Formulas and the Twentys sound very similar. This particular set has a very slightly elongated hole (not really a keyhole, per say) in the top cymbal, but are in otherwise fantastic condition. No cracks or dings. A set of 14" Sound Formulas just sold on ebay for $180.
$120 + shipping

13" Paiste Green-Label 505 Heavy Hi Hats
Fabulous Paiste hi hats from the long-discontinued 505 series, similar to 2002s. I have a terrific set of 14" 505 hats, which I totally plan on keeping for studio use. These would be absolutely perfect for a spare set of hats (something different) or for a practice kit. These things sound a billion times cooler than any of the modern inexpensive B8-type cymbals. Very good condition with no cracks, dings, or keyholes. This is one of two sets I've ever seen for sale ebay in over ten years of looking. The last set sold for $130 several years ago.
$75 + shipping

22" 1970s A. Zildjian ride
A totally cool, large A. Zildjian ride cymbal from the 70s. I'm guessing it's a Ping Ride, but the ink has worn off of it. Perfectly good condition for a cymbal this old. No cracks, dings, or keyholes. These seem to be selling for between $120 and $140 on ebay.
$120 + shipping

Red 9x13 Yamaha Stage Custom Tom-- SOLD!

Pictures available by request. I might try to record some audio clips this weekend, too.

Please email me at cg@chrisgarges.com (I prefer that to PM when selling things) if you're interested in any of this stuff.

Thanks!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Last edited by cgarges on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:28 am

Still available.

CG

chorga1
pushin' record

Post by chorga1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:31 pm

emailed ya about the tom

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Bump. Will probably list these cymbals elsewhere soon.

CG

Paul Fury 161
gettin' sounds

Paiste 13" Sound Formula hats

Post by Paul Fury 161 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:41 pm

PM'd you about the sound formula hats - browser's a bit buggy tonight, let me know if you didn't get it - I'll resend it.
Cheers,
P
"These mixes are really great. I only want to re-record all the guitars and vocals - can I have the masters please?"

www.myspace.com/extinguishher