FS - LINE 6 FM-4 PROJECT

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

kingnimrod
pushin' record

FS - LINE 6 FM-4 PROJECT

Post by kingnimrod » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:30 pm

My loss is your gain. The mode pot on my FM-4 was loose and wasn't controlling reliably, so I called line 6 and they sent me 4 replacement pots. I decided to replace 4 of the pots that were loose, including the mode pot, thinking it would be a simple fix. Apparently my soldering skills are weak, because after replacing these pots it no longer functions correctly.

Bypassed signal goes through, but when I activate the pedals it either goes quiet or very muffled. All 4 switches activate, and the rotary wheel switches modes.

So, this is a potentially easy fix, but obviously way over my head. These components on the PCB are tiny and I have no idea what I'm doing.

So if you are a modder/repair guy and either want to buy this to fix or turn into a glitch machine, today is your lucky day. I'm kicking myself because I need this pedal, but I don't want to destroy this one trying to do any more to it. I can't guarantee that you'll be able to fix it, because I can't judge your skills. Seems like there are some knowledgeable people on the board.

As far as cosmetic shape, see the photos.

$100 obo shipped CONUS. Will not ship internationally.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 pm

What are the odds of getting some inside pics to check the damage? You never know, someone here might be able to walk you through fixing it for free if you ask.

kingnimrod
pushin' record

Post by kingnimrod » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:48 pm

lukievan
takin' a dinner break

Post by lukievan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 am

did you try removing the little chip on the bottom and re-seating?
sometimes that cures Line6 modelers of their ills...

kingnimrod
pushin' record

Post by kingnimrod » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 pm

PRICE DROP - $80 shipped