FS/ FT mci jh110 ampex 440 akg c60 bass traps and more!

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

cabbagerock
audio school

FS/ FT mci jh110 ampex 440 akg c60 bass traps and more!

Post by cabbagerock » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Buyer pays actual shipping on smaller items. Large items (tape decks, bass traps) need to be picked up in Burbank, CA 91502.

The bottom line is I am not using this stuff and it takes up space, so I need to get rid of it. I have tried to price things on the low side towards that end - please let me know if you think my pricing is not rad. I am good with quantity discounts and serious trade offers. I am open to anything trade-wise, but in particular I am looking for: a working oscilloscope, spring reverb, vintage cymbals, ribbon mics, distressors, and a pair of v72. Please contact me via PM.

I have 4 tape decks for sale, part of a larger lot which I picked up a few years back. These machines were meticulously maintained by their first owner, a well-funded film and television department at a Los Angeles university. The school retired them from service in the mid 90's, I have only used them for a few hours since to dub some tapes.

SOLD JH-110a 1" 8 track tape machine $600

SOLD JH-110b 1/2" 4 track tape machine $400

SOLD Pair of Ampex 440 tape machines, almost working $200 (that's $200 for both!)

[bNO LONGER AVAILABLE Pair of AKG C60 tube mics with original power supplies

8 SOLD! 2 AVAILABLE 4'x 8' diaphragmatic bass traps (available in various earth tones) MAKE OFFER!
These are a variant of the Ethan Winer design. http://www.ethanwiner.com/basstrap.html They are double sided, and airtight on a 1"x 3" frame. The backs are 1/4" particle board and the fronts are 1/8" luan or 1/4" plywood with a carpet cover. The carpet does not touch the front panel. The backs have picture frame style wire hangers. I think they work great, but I have too many of them and not enough space. Sold AS-IS.

SOLD Electrix Warp Factory Vocoder $100

Apogee AD-8000 with DAC VIII and digi 8+ cards $800

The DAC VIII gives you 8 analog outs. Digi card is for pro tools mix systems. TDIF and AES cards also available $100 each. Original box, original manual. Works great - sold AS-IS.
rear

Tascam DA-78HR (2 available) MAKE OFFER!
These came out of a working broadcast truck 4 years ago. I tested them last week and they recorded and played back and seemed to work fine. There is a low battery warning on power up on both machines. Uninstalled eprom update included. Sold AS-IS.
eprom (comes with instructions)

Tascam DA-88 with SY-88 smpte sync card MAKE OFFER!

This came out of a working broadcast truck 4 years ago. I tested it last week and it recorded and played back and seemed to work fine. Excellent doorstop. Sold AS-IS.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by cabbagerock on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:23 am, edited 11 times in total.

davidollard
alignin' 24-trk

Post by davidollard » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:26 pm

That mystery extra head in position 3 is a quarter track repro head, for playing tapes made on domestic machines. Since there is no switch on the head assembly (to go between 2-track and quarter track heads) I suspect that the extra head is wired to those extra card-less channels.

I don't think they are 440Bs though, they look like 440s judging by the knobs on the audio channels. They sound the same, but the B had a handy lifter delay when stopping the tape after winding.

$200 for both those Ampexes is a very fair deal. Buying two together is a great way to get into any old tape machine.

Regards

David

honkyjonk
dead but not forgotten

Post by honkyjonk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:23 am

Somebody is going to get a sweet deal on some tape machines. LA must be the cheapest place to be gear slut.
Stilgar, we've got wormsign the likes of which God has never seen!

cabbagerock
audio school

Post by cabbagerock » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:28 am

Yes davidollard you are correct! My apologies to all - these are in fact 440 machines, not 440B. I was misled by the 440B manual which came from the original owner. I will post a few more pics including a 440 badge.

honkyjonk - you should come on down, it's a nice drive from Portland...

thecheat
pushin' record

Post by thecheat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:46 pm

How much are you looking to get for the AKGs?

Thanks!
"It's like Tom Jones Gargling a Hammer."
http://www.alpacaranchrecording.com

idylldon
pushin' record

Post by idylldon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Do you have a head report on the 1" 8-track deck?

Cheers,
--
Don

cabbagerock
audio school

Post by cabbagerock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:58 am

Sale pending on the 1" machine and vocoder. Sorry - I do not have a head report for any of the tape machines.

2 bass traps sold - 8 left, come get 'em (in a truck)!

cabbagerock
audio school

Post by cabbagerock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:46 pm

8 track sold.
440s sold.
vocoder sold.
sale pending on MCI 4 track.