FS: BLA modded Nady PRA-8 price drop

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

FS: BLA modded Nady PRA-8 price drop

Post by lancebug » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Got a partially BLA modded (4 of the 8 channels) Nady PRA-8, which is identical to the SM Pro PR-8. Have been using it for drums a lot over the last 3 or 4 years, but it sounds good on lots of stuff. Its clean and neutral, and I think Matt at BLA once compared it to the Focusrite green range of preamps. I have recently come into quite a few SX202's, which are pretty similar, so I am ready to pass this one along.

Only issue is that one of the 4 modded channels went silent a couple months back. This happened once before I got it modded and BLA fixed it for free when they did the mod. Anyhow, I would like to get $110 shipped(the mod alone cost me $140). That makes it $40 per operational modded channel which is more than fair. If you are handy and can light the 4th mod channel back up it, would only be $30/channel which is pretty awesome. I have never ever used the unmodded channels, so I can't tell you anything about them. I will check them out to make sure they are working before I send it though. The only other issue is a ding/dent on one of the rack ears. If you are interested send me an email at lancebug AT gmail DOT com.

Paypal preferred.
Last edited by lancebug on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pixeltarian
buyin' gear

Re: FS: BLA modded Nady PRA-8

Post by pixeltarian » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Lance Owens wrote:Got a partially BLA modded (4 of the 8 channels) Nady PRA-8, which is identical to the SM Pro PR-8. Have been using it for drums a lot over the last 3 or 4 years, but it sounds good on lots of stuff. Its clean and neutral, and I think Matt at BLA once compared it to the Focusrite green range of preamps. I have recently come into quite a few SX202's, which are pretty similar, so I am ready to pass this one along.

Only issue is that one of the 4 modded channels went silent a couple months back. This happened once before I got it modded and BLA fixed it for free when they did the mod. Anyhow, I would like to get $120 shipped(the mod alone cost me $140). That makes it $40 per operational modded channel which is more than fair. If you are handy and can light the 4th mod channel back up it, would only be $30/channel which is pretty awesome. I have never ever used the unmodded channels, so I can't tell you anything about them. I will check them out to make sure they are working before I send it though. The only other issue is a ding/dent on one of the rack ears. If you are interested send me an email at lancebug AT gmail DOT com.
I'm interested in this. do you know if BLA still does this mod so I could get it finished?
"Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat."
- Napoleon Hill

http://www.jeffreyjamesmusic.com
spook folk

http://www.myspace.com/tonguesonpaper
electro atmospheric rock

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:54 pm

I am pretty sure he doesn't do that particular mod anymore, but you could email him to see if they'll make an exception in this situation. Let me know what you think.

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Bump for price drop. Any less and I'll probably give it to a friend of mine.

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Sale pending.