Davisound TB-2 two-channel compressor

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Davisound TB-2 two-channel compressor

Post by centurymantra » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:13 am

I am selling my custom made Davisound TB-2 compressor. This is a beautiful piece with an impeccably designed solid walnut case and the top notch, hand-made construction you would expect from a Davisound piece. I don't usually get too hyperbolic, but this compressor is seriously amazing. It was pretty much my studio "magic box" - sublime on vocals and bass and it just imparts a certain something to any signal that passes through it. This is due in part to the great line amps that are installed in the piece. I would often use it in the signal path with the compression switched off just to get that extra texture that was gained by running signals through the box.

From the Davisound website:
The TB-2 is a line level compressor amplifier using an optoisolator as the gain control (attenuation) device.
Our current "DaviSmart" design was inspired, initially in the early days, by the infamous "LA-2A" of the "old days". But, we took the concept so much further and, then, married it to state-of-the-art technology with opto-isolator componentry. The result is, we think, the best multi-purpose audio compressor ever designed with "speed of light" attack time and moderate, signal dependent, variable decay time.
Much more information can be seen at www.davisound.com/TB2.html

I'm looking to get $700, including shipping to the lower 48. If you have any questions, feel free to send them along.

Thanks for looking!

***SOLD***
Last edited by centurymantra on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryan
Shoeshine Recording Studio
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

snatchman
george martin

Post by snatchman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Nice..Very Niiiiice..!..BTW, is this SS or transformers/tubes..?.Thanks..

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:12 am

Davisound has a tube compressor, but this one is a solid state design and, yeah, it is real nice!

Bryan
Shoeshine Recording Studio
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm