Urei/JBL 7510A or B modules wanted-

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Chris_Meck
pushin' record

Urei/JBL 7510A or B modules wanted-

Post by Chris_Meck » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:06 pm

I have both mainframes and would like to finish one and perhaps sell the other at some point...but I have 8 channels of 'B' and 4 channels of 'A'.

So I'm looking...Anyone?
greetings from Flyover Country...

Bassmankr
gettin' sounds

Post by Bassmankr » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:46 am

Sounds like you can just use what you already have to give both your "A" and "B" units the full 6 modules each. In the downloadable manuals you will see how to change out a few resistors to make an "A" module usable in a "B" unit. Since you need to do the opposite to two of your "B" modules to run in an "A" frame just try switching those resistors back to "A" values. Let us know how it works as others can probably use that info.

Chris_Meck
pushin' record

Post by Chris_Meck » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:19 am

no, the external frames are different. They don't physically fit.

Either way, I have 12 channels of pres, and would like 24, which is the main point I was getting at...

Chris

Bassmankr
gettin' sounds

Post by Bassmankr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Sorry my mistake, thought you were talking about the number of modules/cards you had as opposed to the four channels per module/card. So you have 3 modules/cards total and are looking for at least 4 more "B's" or 5 more "A's". Wondering why the 7501B manual would have instructions for converting over "A" modules if they don't fit?

Chris_Meck
pushin' record

Post by Chris_Meck » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm

don't know. But they aren't constructed the same way. They won't fit. I suppose if you wanted to dissassemble and drill out holes in the backplate you could do it, but not me.