FS: Avenson STO-2 pair

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

tnjazz
takin' a dinner break

FS: Avenson STO-2 pair

Post by tnjazz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:35 am

I bought these new about 3 years ago and ended up selling them to a friend because they didn't get much use. Recently bought them back but I got hit with a couple of unexpected expenses related to family and need to go ahead and pass these along if I can.

Working perfectly and sound great. These are different from the typical Avensons because something happened in the process and these mics did not end up black - they ended up kind of a metallic purple instead.

$400 plus shipping for the pair in the US. International OK as well, at actual shipping cost.

Thanks for looking!

Authorized dealer for Audient, Avenson, JZ, Metric Halo, Milab, Nevaton and Violet Design
Come visit us at BIG PURPLE DOG

Jon Nolan
tinnitus

Post by Jon Nolan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 am

solid mics! love mine.

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:01 pm

I love mine as well, maybe the most "you are there" natural sounding mics i have.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 am

Why are these not sold yet? These are TERRIFIC mics!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Jon Nolan
tinnitus

Post by Jon Nolan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:22 am

cgarges wrote:Why are these not sold yet? These are TERRIFIC mics!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
great as overheads in a good sounding room, great as an acoustic mic in a band-in-a-room situation (no proximity effect!), hand mic on an upright bass, great as room mics, for cello/strings and shite, even for vocals from time to time. i mean if you've got a shit ton of mics already, then hell, i guess don't get these. but, if you're a home recordist or freelancer/professional who s building a locker, and you don't have a pair of small diaphragm omnis yet, this is a no brainer.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:16 am

PMing.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 am

As long as I'm here -- what do you all think about using these on tabletop stands for interviewing (audio-only)? Is the self-noise low enough? My interview recorder is the m audio micro track II, which has phantom power.

Paul Fury 161
gettin' sounds

Post by Paul Fury 161 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:32 am

Any idea how much to ship to the UK? I Might be interested. Slow/cheap shipping is fine.
Cheers,
Paul
"These mixes are really great. I only want to re-record all the guitars and vocals - can I have the masters please?"

www.myspace.com/extinguishher

spacelabstudio
takin' a dinner break

Post by spacelabstudio » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:33 am

I suspect they'd work great for that. It'll sound like you're actually sitting in the room.

tnjazz
takin' a dinner break

Post by tnjazz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 am

Wow, with all these praises I'm almost reconsidering the sale! Almost...

All pm's replied to.
Authorized dealer for Audient, Avenson, JZ, Metric Halo, Milab, Nevaton and Violet Design

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:22 am

Well, now that I snagged it, can anyone recommend a pair of extremely lightweight tabletop micstands for them for the "interviewing rig"?

Thanks.

tnjazz
takin' a dinner break

Post by tnjazz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:30 am

SOLD!

As for lightweight stands, how about those flexible gorilla grip thingys they make for cameras? This are pretty lightweight and you can get an adapter to mount the mic onto the top I'm pretty sure. That would be a lot more lightweight and portable than the typical round base short stand.

Plus I saw them in purple at my local Wal Mart the other day. How can you beat that??? :lol:

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 am

JES wrote:Well, now that I snagged it, can anyone recommend a pair of extremely lightweight tabletop micstands for them for the "interviewing rig"?

Thanks.
Try these. Very light weight, they fold down and set up in a couple of seconds and are very sturdy. I've used four of them for close to ten years with no issues.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:52 pm

rhythm ranch wrote:
JES wrote:Well, now that I snagged it, can anyone recommend a pair of extremely lightweight tabletop micstands for them for the "interviewing rig"?

Thanks.
Try these. Very light weight, they fold down and set up in a couple of seconds and are very sturdy. I've used four of them for close to ten years with no issues.
These are awesome! Thanks for the link. With these, the STO-2s, a couple short cables and the MicroTrack II, I think I have my portable rig!