FS: LOMO, Calrec, API, Purple, mics, 500 series, EQs, etc

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

FS: LOMO, Calrec, API, Purple, mics, 500 series, EQs, etc

Post by Russian Recording » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm selling a lot of really nice gear. After over a decade of collecting awesome gear, it's time to sell some stuff off. I'm going on tour for a month and still need to pay off the Sphere console I bought. So I am REGRETFULLY having to pair down my collection for now. I'll get some of it back one day, I hope. Most of it is pretty hard to find though. So have at it!

Some of this gear was posted in an older listing from a while back but i've got new prices, new stuff, new photos and a new attitude. Starting fresh.

Anyhow, here's all the stuff. It all works and has been well taken care of. Prices do not include shipping. Please get in touch, email is preferable: mike at russianrecording dot com

I would love to sell directly through message boards/word of mouth. But come MAY 7th everything that's left will go on EBAY.

Immediately below is a concise list of everything I am selling with prices. Immediately below that are photos and descriptions of everything.

thanks!

mics
-1959 LOMO 19a-7 w/new PSU by Greg Norman $ 2400
-Calrec Soundfield MKIV w/preamp matrix $ 3000 SOLD
-1972 Oktava MK-13 multi-pattern tube mic $ 1500
-1957 Oktava ML-15 ribbon (brand new ENAK ribbon) $ 850
-1959 Oktava ML-15 ribbon (brand new ENAK ribbon) $ 850
-(2) Oktava MK-012, dorsey, all caps +lomo & RED LD caps $ 1200/pr
-(2) Shure SM-98 $ 150/ea
-Stereo Pair: Charter Oak E700 FET LD multipattern $ 1650/pr
-LOMO 82a-5m LD dynamic mic $ 250
-Stedman n90 LD dynamic mic $ 200
-Audix D6 $ 150 SOLD

500 series
-(2) Purple Audio Biz MKII 500 preamps $ 650/ea, 1250/pr
-(2) API 560B 500 Graphic EQs $ 650/ea, 1250/pr

outboard
-Pair: Speck ASC-T EQs in rack tray $ 1000/pr
-BSS DPR 402 VCA Compressor/Limiter/De-esser $ 500

LOMO 19A-7 late 50?s LD tube mic
$2400

This is an extremely rare large diaphragm LOMO tube mic. From what I understand, this was a prototype made by LOMO in the late 50's, and is only one of a hundred or so ever made. The mics never went into production. The body of the mic was powder coated at some point later in its life I think. I just recently had Greg Norman at Electrical Audio build a 120 V PSU for it, and go through the mic to make sure it was working tip-top, which it is. The capsule is in great shape, and the mic sounds amazing. LOVE it on female vocals, overhead and acoustic instruments. Very similar to a C-12 with a nice top end. Comes with a spare tube, all the cables, PSU, original table stand and a mic stand thread adapter.
I have more photos (capsule, internal electronics, glamor shots, etc) email if interested

Calrec Soundfield MKIV stereo/surround microphone with preamp and matrix
$3000

The Calrec Soundfield is one of the coolest microphone systems I've ever used. I am the second owner of this mic, it spent most of it's life at the Indiana University School of Music recording operas. This is a four capsule design... and uses a proprietary outboard preamp/matrix that decodes the signals from the capsules to create a stereo image that is fully adjustable! You can adjust the width of the virtual stereo pair from 180 to 0 degrees, and adjust the polar pattern of your virtual pair from omni to fig-8 (fully variable). you can even virtually tilt the mic up and down, turn it left or right and even "zoom" in, all from the control booth. It uses a proprietary cable and connector, which are supplied (about 75' long). I have extra cabling for it as well, and a giant metal spool with a handle. Also included are fanout cables that allow you to take the signal of the four individual capsules and record them separately. You can use these to generate stereo surround (I believe there is a plug-in that does this), or to feed back into the matrix if you want the flexibility of adjusting your settings after the recording. The mic sounds nice, very crisp and clear. AWESOME room mic, great for overheads and I used it a lot for recording acoustic guitars. I generally just left it plugged in and ready to go. Super easy to use, sounds great and looks cool.

1972 Oktava MK-13 LD multi-pattern tube mic w/original tube PSU
$1500

This is another extremely rare vintage Russian tube mic. The solid state version (MK 13M), which looks the same only shorter, is a little more common, and can sometimes even be found modified with a tube amplifier, but this mic is the original tube version of the microphone. These early Oktava microphones sound exceptional, and are very similar in sound and build quality to vintage LOMOs. It comes with the original power supply which uses a tube rectifier, and the original shock mount. The power supply has a selection switch for omni, figure-eight and cardioid polar patters. The mic is in excellent condition and sounds incredible, particularly on vocals, acoustic instruments and as a room mic or an overhead. Also comes with the original wooden box for the mic.

(2) x Dorsey modified Oktava MK-012 with (1) LOMO LD capsule, (1) Red LD capsule, (2) cardioid, (2) hyper-card, (2) omni, (2) 10 db pads.
$1200

I realize that at first 1200 kinda seems like a lot for the Oktavas... but these are not just a pair of MK-012s, and if you add up everything here it's actually a pretty good deal. The mics were modified by a professional tech with the dorsey modification, which extends the top and bottom and reduces noise. Additionally, they not only come with a set of matched omni, cardioid and hyper-cardioid capsules, but they also come with a LOMO M1 large diaphragm capsule, as well as a Red large diaphragm capsule. The mics sound great, and it kind of pains me to sell them. As I type, I regret. The price is firm. If no one wants them, than I get to keep them.

1957 and 1959 Oktava ML-15 Ribbon Mics, brand new ribbons by Clarence Kane
850/ea, 1600/pr

It really pains me to have to sell these mics. I LOVE these microphones. They are beautiful, heavy and sound magical. They are both ML-15 mics, but look very different, and feel different. But surprisingly sound pretty similar. I use them as a blumlein pair for the kit or for room mics, and as room mics they really shine. I even use them for vocals, especially on a distinct voice that really needs to stand out in a mix. I will probably never find another pair of these, so I hope whoever gets these appreciates them. They were just re-ribboned last month, and have only been used once since then.

Stereo Pair of Charter Oak E700 LD multi-pattern mics
1600/pr, 825/ea

I just bought these new a few months ago, and it sucks to have to sell them. These are great mics, and you can find reviews online. Just like all of Michael Demings stuff, they sound great. These mics are worth the customer service alone, as Mike is a real stand up guy that will answer the phone himself and do whatever it takes to make sure you're happy. I've had amazing results using these as overheads, on bass cabs, guitar amps and especially outside a kick drum (it's the balls). I know I'll be able to buy another pair eventually, so they have to go for now. One of the mics has a slight dent in the top of the grill... no idea how that happened but they both work flawlessly, and look pretty bad ass. Omni, cardioid and fig-8. 10 and 20 dB pad. Each comes with a nice case and burly shock mount.

for photo, google it.

2 x Shure SM98 mini mic
150/ea

These mics are super cool, a nice bright distinct sound. This is my favorite sounding kick beater mic, a very nice "pop" that really cuts through the mix. Nothing quite like it, and very easy to place. unfortunately the little clips for these are all busted up. but it's easy to figure something out for mounting.

Stedman n90

This is a really fantastic mic that has been out of production for a while. Those that have used one know that it is no ordinary dynamic mic. It almost has a ribbon-like quality to it, with a flatter frequency response. Excellent transient response, unlike any other dynamic mic I've ever used. Also has excellent off-axis rejection. Great on anything really, but it used to be my all-time favorite snare mic. Tough to place because of it's shape though.

70's LOMO 82a-5m large diaphragm dynamic mic
$250

This is a pretty cool old russian dynamic mic built by the legendary LOMO factory. This mic reminds of a vintage 421, but with more personality and a little more "beef". It's definitely colored, and definitely is not right for everything. Where I HAVE found it right, is on kick drum, bass amp and guitar amp. It will definitely add some "heft" to the sound, and can be particularly useful when blended in with a "flatter" mic. The mic is not in perfect cosmetic condition, but works perfectly. It has an old-school mini thread, but I use a big shure clip with it which I will include with the mic.

Audix Fusion 6 Drum Mic Kit
$200

I am selling this for a buddy, I think this kit is now discontinued. There are 6 mics total, all in perfect shape with clips and original carrying case. The mics included are:
(3) x f10 dynamics
(1) x f12 dynamic
(2) x f15 small diaphragm condensors

Audix D6 Kick Drum Mic
$150

Yo, check it out this is a popular kick drum mic! It's being sold for a good price! NICE!

2 x API 560 Graphic EQs for 500 series
650/ea, 1250/or

I am the first owner. EQs work perfectly. You probably know about these guys.If you don't, well, they are incredible EQs, sweet on drums.

2 x Purple Audio Biz MKII preamps
650/ea, 1250/or

I am the first owner of these preamps, they work perfectly. My favorite pre-amp for guitars. Crisp, clear and full.

BSS DPR-402 stereo/ dual mono compressor, limiter, de-esser
$ 500

No, not BBS, BSS! A highly underrated VCA compressor, it is accurate, clean and flexible, but can also pump and dig-in for some cool effected sounds. The de-esser is awesome, and the compressor is great on snare, overheads and vocals. This unit works flawlessly, but the lights on the in/out buttons are out and there is some rack-rash and other cosmetic flaws. It doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to sound pretty.

(2) x Speck ASC-T, racked EQs with transformer option:
$1000

These are excellent sounding parametric equalizers. They can be both surgical and sweetening, and have a very "hi-fi" quality to them. These EQs come with the output transformer option, and are mounted together in a single rack space shelf. More info here: SPECK ASC-T EQ

THANKS

again, email is better: mike at russianrecording dot com

-mike bridavsky
Last edited by Russian Recording on Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:42 pm

That's a rad collection of mics!

Wish I had the money for the oktava ribbons or the pair of Speck EQ's.

Good luck on the sales....and if I find some money in a hole in the ground, I'll be back.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

bumping with some more photos

Post by Russian Recording » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 am

here are some more photos of this stuff

LOMO:

CALREC Soundfield Preamp:

BSS Comp:

SPECK Eqs:

BEYER M260:

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Fri May 13, 2011 7:34 am

Most of this gear is still available! I've decided to hold off on Ebay for a while since i got an extension on my loan.

I'd love to find a new home for this stuff... send me an email if you're interested. mike at russianrecording dot com

Everything but the Audix Fusion Kit, Audix D6, Stedman n90 and Calrec Soundfield are still available.

thanks!

tradrad
audio school

Post by tradrad » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:15 am

Russian Recording wrote:Most of this gear is still available! I've decided to hold off on Ebay for a while since i got an extension on my loan.

I'd love to find a new home for this stuff... send me an email if you're interested. mike at russianrecording dot com

Everything but the Audix Fusion Kit, Audix D6, Stedman n90 and Calrec Soundfield are still available.

thanks!
PMd on the 82a5m....
be blessed.
d#
d#
ELBO PROJECT room

viewing the world thru a veil
outside the box
with Him