ISO upright bass

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mjau
speech impediment

ISO upright bass

Post by mjau » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 am

I'm looking for a beater upright bass that I can use on a couple of gigs in late summer. I could hop down to NYC to pickup, or anywhere upstate within a reasonable distance from Ithaca. Anyone got one they're looking to get rid of?
Last edited by mjau on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slau
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: ISO upright bass

Post by Slau » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:07 pm

mjau wrote:I'm looking for a beater upright bass that I can use on a couple of gigs in late summer. 3/4 size would be ok, full would be better. I could hop down to NYC to pickup, or anywhere upstate within a reasonable distance from Ithaca. Anyone got one they're looking to get rid of?
I've got a nice Strunal 3/4 in mint condition. Bought it from David Gauge, had it set up by him and had him install a pickup. I originally paid 2,000 for it. Don't know what you were looking to pay but, if you're interested, I could take some pics and contact you with asking price. bTW, I'm in NYC.

Slau

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 pm

i sold a nice kay a few years ago... would have been happy to sell it to you, scott.

by the way, you definitely want a 3/4 bass... a 4/4 bass is both extremely rare, and HUGE... every bass you see that is 'full size' is a 3/4. some people play 7/8 basses, but they aren't too common.

i would call up David Gage and see what he's got.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:05 pm

JohnDavisNYC wrote:i sold a nice kay a few years ago... would have been happy to sell it to you, scott.

by the way, you definitely want a 3/4 bass... a 4/4 bass is both extremely rare, and HUGE... every bass you see that is 'full size' is a 3/4. some people play 7/8 basses, but they aren't too common.

i would call up David Gage and see what he's got.

john
Yeah, i actually remember that Kay you had for sale. I thought about it at the time - it was nice looking. I've played an upright for a grand total of maybe six hours in my life, but they look so fun it might be worth having a beater to mess around with.

Oh, and thanks re: full vs 3/4. Shows how much I know...

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks for the leads, too, guys - I may actually have something local in the works, but not sure yet...

Harry
re-cappin' neve

Post by Harry » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:24 am

I Have a Strunal 3/4 that's pretty mint I would let go for about $900

I'm in Northern Indiana though.....anybody interested PM me!