Epi Joe Pass--Gibson P94s, Bigsby B6, Korean

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Rufer
pushin' record

Epi Joe Pass--Gibson P94s, Bigsby B6, Korean

Post by Rufer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 am

Up for sale is an Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II hollowbody that was made in Korea (Samick), has had a few significant upgrades, and includes a very nice hard shell case. This is a very nice Epiphone. I would like $650 shipped.

This Joe Pass is unique in that it has the pickup selector on the lower bout?not on the upper bout.

Both pickups have been upgraded to Gibson P94?s?these are humbucker-sized P90?s. They sound fantastic and give this guitar a wonderful throaty tone. The bridge pickup is black and the neck is cream.

The stock tailpiece has been replaced with a genuine Bigsby B6 in gold. This is not one of the Bigsby-licensed versions but is the real thing. No physical modifications were needed for the switch. The original tailpiece used two screws that lined up perfectly with two holes on the Bigsby. The third mounting hole on the Bigsby was unnecessary.

The wooden bridge has been replaced with a tune-o-matic bridge. The original tailpiece and wooden bridge are included in the sale.

Now for the negatives: The guitar no longer has the pickguard. I do believe it looks much better without it and it also doesn?t rattle because of it. However, the installation holes for the pickguard are visible but not unsightly. Replacement guards are available on the aftermarket too.

The finish is nice. The color is a lot more brown than the newer ones that look more reddish to me. There are a couple of dings in the guitar that you can see if you look close. I have attempted to capture them in the pictures.

The guitar plays and sounds great. It can produce raw rock tones and also clean up nicely to smooth and mellow. There are flat-wound 12?s on there now.

Pictures are available at the link below (high resolution versions can also be downloaded):

http://gallery.me.com/mr.rufe#100046&bg ... &view=grid

Rufer
pushin' record

Post by Rufer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:42 am

Should have said I would do $600 for local pickup and can meet you within reason.

Rufer
pushin' record

Post by Rufer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:33 am

Up on the 'bay.