FS: last call on LOMO, SPECK, vintage OKTAVA, API, PURPLE

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

FS: last call on LOMO, SPECK, vintage OKTAVA, API, PURPLE

Post by Russian Recording » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:19 pm

OK, so this is my third time posting some of this stuff. A lot has sold, but these items are still left. Lowered prices. Also have samples of the LOMO 19A-7 and Oktava MK-13. please EMAIL for samples.
mike at russianrecording dot com

I would love to sell directly through message boards/word of mouth. But come SEPT 1st everything that's left will go on EBAY.

Immediately below is a concise list of everything I am selling with prices. Immediately below that are photos and descriptions of everything. Couldn't include all the photos i wanted... so email for photos of the Speck EQs, BSS comp or detail photos of the LOMO mic (capsule, internal electronics, etc)

thanks!

mics
-1959 LOMO 19a-7 w/new PSU by Greg Norman $ 2200
-1972 Oktava MK-13 multi-pattern tube mic $ 1350
-1957 Oktava ML-15 ribbon (brand new ENAK ribbon) $ 800
-1959 Oktava ML-15 ribbon (brand new ENAK ribbon) $ 800
-Charter Oak E700 FET LD multipattern $ 800

500 series
-(1) Purple Audio Biz MKII 500 preamps $ 600
-(2) API 560B 500 Graphic EQs $ 650/ea, 1250/pr

outboard
-Pair: Speck ASC-T EQs in rack tray $ 1000/pr

Here are photos and detailed descriptions:
LOMO 19A-7 late 50?s LD tube mic
$2400

This is an extremely rare large diaphragm LOMO tube mic. From what I understand, this was a prototype made by LOMO in the late 50's, and is only one of a hundred or so ever made. The mics never went into production. The body of the mic was powder coated at some point later in its life I think. I just recently had Greg Norman at Electrical Audio build a 120 V PSU for it, and go through the mic to make sure it was working tip-top, which it is. The capsule is in great shape, and the mic sounds amazing. LOVE it on female vocals, overhead and acoustic instruments. Very similar to a C-12 with a nice top end. Comes with a spare tube, all the cables, original 220 PSU, new 120 PSU, original table stand and a mic stand thread adapter.

1972 Oktava MK-13 LD multi-pattern tube mic w/original tube PSU
$1350

This is another extremely rare vintage Russian tube mic. The solid state version (MK 13M), which looks the same only shorter, is a little more common, and can sometimes even be found modified with a tube amplifier, but this mic is the original tube version of the microphone. These early Oktava microphones sound exceptional, and are very similar in sound and build quality to vintage LOMOs. It comes with the original power supply which uses a tube rectifier, and the original shock mount. The power supply has a selection switch for omni, figure-eight and cardioid polar patters. The mic is in excellent condition and sounds incredible, particularly on vocals, acoustic instruments and as a room mic or an overhead. Also comes with the original wooden box for the mic.

1957 and 1959 Oktava ML-15 Ribbon Mics, brand new ribbons by Clarence Kane
800/ea, 1500/pr

It really pains me to have to sell these mics. I LOVE these microphones. They are beautiful, heavy and sound magical. They are both ML-15 mics, but look very different, and feel different. But surprisingly sound pretty similar. I use them as a blumlein pair for the kit or for room mics, and as room mics they really shine. I even use them for vocals, especially on a distinct voice that really needs to stand out in a mix. I will probably never find another pair of these, so I hope whoever gets these appreciates them. They were just re-ribboned last month, and have only been used once since then.

Charter Oak E700 LD multi-pattern mis

I just bought this new a few months ago, and it sucks to have to sell it. These are great mics, and you can find reviews online. Just like all of Michael Demings stuff, they sound great. These mics are worth the customer service alone, as Mike is a real stand up guy that will answer the phone himself and do whatever it takes to make sure you're happy. I've had amazing results using these as overheads, on bass cabs, guitar amps and especially outside a kick drum (it's the balls). I know I'll be able to buy another pair eventually, so they have to go for now. One of the mics has a slight dent in the top of the grill... no idea how that happened but they both work flawlessly, and look pretty bad ass. Omni, cardioid and fig-8. 10 and 20 dB pad. Each comes with a nice case and burly shock mount.

for photo, google it.

2 x API 560 Graphic EQs for 500 series
650/ea, 1250/or

I am the first owner. EQs work perfectly. You probably know about these guys.If you don't, well, they are incredible EQs, sweet on drums.

Purple Audio Biz MKII preamp
650/ea, 1250/or

I am the first owner of this preamp, works perfectly. My favorite pre-amp for guitars. Crisp, clear and full.

(2) x Speck ASC-T, racked EQs with transformer option:
$1000

These are excellent sounding parametric equalizers. They can be both surgical and sweetening, and have a very "hi-fi" quality to them. These EQs come with the output transformer option, and are mounted together in a single rack space shelf. More info here: SPECK ASC-T EQ

THANKS

again, email is better: mike at russianrecording dot com

-mike bridavsky

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Stop it! I can't afford them now, agghhh! I'm trying to resist buying one of these...

edit: meaning the oktava or lomo

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:08 pm

blungo2 wrote:Stop it! I can't afford them now, agghhh! I'm trying to resist buying one of these...

edit: meaning the oktava or lomo
dude, i say go for it!