FS: Plate Reverb Kit and Roberts 1630 Reel to Reel

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

doc
pushin' record

FS: Plate Reverb Kit and Roberts 1630 Reel to Reel

Post by doc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi All,
Haven't posted here in a bit, but had a few things sitting around I thought some of you might be interested in...

First is a plate reverb kit. The TapeOp article "Building Your Own Plate Reverb!" by Bob Buontempo ran in issue #28 in 2002. I got inspired and bought a kit that was available from Joseph Errico at Reasonable Alternatives. It's basically everything you need for except for the actual steel plate, the box, and some rubber washers, and a driver. It's got a Shadow P7 pickup/eq with power supply, threaded rubber coated mounting hooks, 2 pickup transducers with mounting putty, a quarter inch/xlr plate, a dual 1/4" box/DI (?) and a host of allen wrenches. I never got around to building the thing and have never messed with any of the components. They are essentially new. I have no idea what I paid for it back in 2002, but I'm pretty sure it was around $150.00. I'm happy to let it go for $75 (shipping included) or best offer. I'll include a photocopy of the original 3-page article (because I'm such a TapeOp nerd I have all my back-issues).

The other item is a Roberts 1630 reel-to-reel. Haven't fired it up in awhile, but it worked great last time I did. Has original lid, power supply, etc. I'll throw in a few reels of 1/4" tape too. $100 shipped or best offer.

Paypal is preferred. I'm in Seattle if you'd like to pickup. I'm a long-time TapeOpper and have 100% positive feedback on eBay under the user name melancholyrecordings. I can email you pics too. Thanks!

doc
pushin' record

Post by doc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:23 pm

How about some lower prices?

$50 shipped on the plate reverb kit

$75 shipped on the Roberts

And I've got some Mogami snakes for cheap too:

1. 16 channels, approximately 25', with 8 male XLR's on one side. $50 shipped.
2. 8 channels, approximately 8', no connectors on either end. $20 shipped.

Let me know if you have questions! PM is fine, but matthewldoctor at gmail is probably best.

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi doc,

Just curious, what kind/size of plates does the reverb kit require? Could you give me an idea of how big the finished unit might be, i'm low on space around here.

Also, on the 16 snake, what are all the connections? Any trs?

thanks!

doc
pushin' record

Post by doc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm

The plate reverb kit may be spoken for by Mr. RM, but in case that falls through, and just for some good general knowledge Mr. Blungo2...

The article states that the sheet of metal should be around 3'x6', add the box around that and I think it'll be about the same size as the EMT's around town I've worked with that are about 5' high by 8' long by 2' deep, give or take. Not super awesome for someone with space constraints, but I've heard of people securing them to the ceiling to save space.

As for the Mogami 16-channel snake, sorry for not being more clear but it's only got 8 male xlr connectors on one side and no other connecters on it. 8 bare wires on one side (along with the 8 male xlr's) and 16 bare wires on the other side.

-Doc

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:33 am

Ok thanks! There's no way i could find a place for the reverb and i was looking for a f, xlr to trs snake.

doc
pushin' record

Post by doc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 am

Reverb kit has sold. Thanks RM.

Willing to consider offers on the Roberts and the Mogami snakes!

-Doc

doc
pushin' record

Post by doc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Looks like the Roberts has been spoken for as well. Mogami snakes still available!

-Doc