Massive Studio Cleanout Sale!

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

rydberg
pushin' record

Massive Studio Cleanout Sale!

Post by rydberg » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Downsizing some gear that sits unused these days. Larger pieces for pickup only; located in downtown Philadelphia.

Recorders:

Tascam MS16 1" analog multitrack recorder with AQ65 remote / auto-locator. Runs at 30IPS only. Channel 11 input card is flaky, should be a simple fix, otherwise in excellent shape. Comes with heavy duty road case. Also included is the corresponding MRL alignment tape, which normally retails for around $400. Alignment tape has probably been used less than 20 times.

$1300
Local pickup only.

Pro Tools turnkey Mix++++ TDM System.

Includes:

Macintosh G4 Quicksilver (dual-boot) - includes dual channel ultra-SCSI accelerator card
SBS 7-slot expansion chassis
1 Mix Core card
3 Mix Farm cards
2 DSP cards
1 Apogee AD8000
1 888/ 24 I/O
1 888/16 I/O
1 882/20 I/O
6 Glyph ultra-SCSI hard drives
21" LCD monitor

This is a system that was decommissioned about a month ago, but was still running like a champ. The system was slowly expanded over the years, hence the wide range of interfaces. Plug it in and start making records immediately. System is running Mac OS 9.2 and Pro Tools 5.1.3. Comes with plenty of plug-ins. Records up to 24 bit, 44.1 / 48k resolution. Sold separately, all components would total about $1900, but I'm selling them as a turnkey for the low, low price of:

$1000
Local pickup only.

Combine this Pro Tools rig with the Tascam machine and you've got the ultimate hybrid recording system. Track to tape, transfer to Pro Tools at 24 bit, overdub, mix... Or track to tape, slave Pro Tools to the deck and keep recording until you're blue in the face. Buy them both together and you've got a seriously awesome (and stable) rig. Sometimes newer isn't better.

Buy both and save, save, save!

Analog / digital turnkey package: $2000. Local pickup only.

Outboard:

Everything here has been used, so expect typical studio wear like rack rash, scratches on the tops of units, etc.

? Ashley SC-50 compressor. Mono, adds nice grit, great on plenty of source material.

$100 + shipping

? dbx160VU. Mono compressor, barrier strip connectors. Classic compressor, super fat, lovely on bass, vocals, whatever. Could use some TLC, hence the lower price.

$600 + shipping

? dbx166 stereo compressor.
Everyone has (or has had) one, so you should too.

$100 + shipping

? dbx166a stereo compressor.
Slightly nicer (?) version of the 166. Still a classic circuit.

$125 + shipping

? (2) dbx 163x.
Over-easy, one slider, one knob. Dead simple, sounds great, even when you're pinning the gain reduction meter.

$60 each, $120 for the pair + shipping

? Joe Meek C2 stereo compressor.
Fun, grabby opto compressor. Goes from very smooth and gentle to way aggressive.

$125 + shipping

? TC Electronic Finalizer Express.
Plug n' play "make it louder" machine. Perfect for fast and dirty pseudo mastering.

$250 + shipping

? dbx 760 dual mic pre.
48v, phase switch, tons of clean gain. Simple and small!

$125 + shipping

? Lexicon LXP-1 with MRC.
Surprisingly great sounding for a small footprint unit. Apparently the reverb algorithm comes from the much higher-end 480L. Loved this thing. Great for drum ambience, embiggening guitars.

$150 + shipping

? Ibanez SDR1000 stereo reverb.
The faceplate says Ibanez, but it's actually a Sony MUR-201. Classic, lush sounding reverb for cheap!

$125 + shipping

? Alesis Quadraverb.
Multi-FX processor. Jeff Buckley used these in his live rig.

$60 + shipping

? Alesis Quadraverb Plus. Multi-FX processor. A few more features than the regular Quadraverb.

$60 + shipping

? Deltalabs Effectron ADM1024.
Classic delay.

$100 + shipping

? Aphex Aural Exciter with Big Bottom.
Missing a knob and the original power supply but comes with working power adapter. Put the booty in your booty tracks.

$75 + shipping

MIDI stuff:

? Roland MC-307 Groovebox.
OONCE OONCE OONCE OONCE.

$175 + shipping

? Yamaha TX81z.
FM Synthesis! One rack space sound module.

$50 + shipping

? Yamaha DX7.
Doesn't power on, one key is busted, comes with a soft case which alone makes it worth the price. Take it away, make it work for cheap. Or trash it in your music video, I don't care.

$25. Local pickup only.

Other:

? Mackie CR1604 - VLZ.
The original, a classic. Clean pres, great all-purpose mixer.

$275 + shipping

? Urie 813b speakers.
Pulled from a working studio setup a few years ago. I meant to hook them up as a studio playback system for talent, but never got around to it and am now tired of looking at them. Huge, heavy, meant to be soffit mounted. These things get LOUD. Comes with a box of spare parts. May need some TLC.

$1000. Local pickup. Bring strong friends and a truck.

rydberg
pushin' record

Post by rydberg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for all the interest. I'll be posting pics soon and will be more available to field questions - I've been unexpectedly busy over the past couple of days. Thanks for your patience!

P.