WTB: 1" 8 Track Tape Machine Southern California

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

BootsyGraham
audio school graduate

WTB: 1" 8 Track Tape Machine Southern California

Post by BootsyGraham » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi everybody, I am currently looking for a 1 inch 8 track tape machine in Southern California. I'm located in Long Beach. Message me if you have one that you are looking to sell. An MCI JH110, Otari 5050, Otari MX70, Ampex 440, or anything else. I am also interested in any 2 inch 16/24 track machines but they are a bit out of my price range. If you have a great price for a project machine, then I would be willing to consider buying it though. I would even consider an 1/2" 8 track although I am really trying to avoid anything less than 1 inch.

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:17 am

Contact Wayne Gunn at Audio Village. I just bought a 4 track 1/2" MTR 12 from him that seems great. He was great to deal with as well.

I saw an 8 track Otari while i was there, i think he may have Ampex 8 tracks as well.

http://www.audiovillage.org/gear.html

contact info at the bottom of the page.

davidollard
alignin' 24-trk

Post by davidollard » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Scott from OC band The Growlers has an Ampex MM-1100 1" 8 track that I built for him a little while back.

Recapped audio, virtually new heads, extra MDA fan, input transformers, and best of all it is fully working.

They recorded their last EP on it, and he loves the sound so much that he's got a 16 track MM-1100 now, so this one is up for sale.

If you don't know him, PM me for his contact details.

Regards

David

MrMegaEli
ass engineer

Post by MrMegaEli » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 am

davidollard wrote:Scott from OC band The Growlers has an Ampex MM-1100 1" 8 track that I built for him a little while back.

Recapped audio, virtually new heads, extra MDA fan, input transformers, and best of all it is fully working.

They recorded their last EP on it, and he loves the sound so much that he's got a 16 track MM-1100 now, so this one is up for sale.

If you don't know him, PM me for his contact details.

Regards

David
@ BootsyGraham you should go for that!

BootsyGraham
audio school graduate

Post by BootsyGraham » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:20 am

Thanks guys for all of the help. I ended up finding a MCI JH-16 24 track in pretty good condition for a really good price. I can finally join the tapeop club.