SOLD: Tascam MS-16 w/ Autolocator and lots more 1" 16 t

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

SOLD: Tascam MS-16 w/ Autolocator and lots more 1" 16 t

Post by kakumei47 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 pm

***THIS IS SOLD***

Tascam MS 16 1" 16-track for sale. 15 ips. Comes with DBX units, manual, autolocator/remote, MRL tape, extender card for channels, non-factory roll-around stand, and whatever else I can drag up. Not sure of hours, but heads are in good shape.

I used to use this regularly but stopped 2-3 years ago. All channels and functions worked fine when I stopped using it. Had been recently serviced by Analogique and NJ Factory Service.

Today I hooked it up, ran 1k tones through all channels. All worked fine record and play on sync/meters/playback/output back into the computer. Channel one was not outputting (was ok on meter), but I sprayed some deoxit on the card connector and it's working fine now, so I think it was just a dirty connection or that it had shaken loose and needed to be reseated. Should be cleaned and calibrated anyway since it's been sitting unused for a while. Autolocator works fine. I changed out the relays that often go bad for punching a few years back, so that should be fine.

I'll guarantee it works and passes signal, but beyond that it's as-is. As with any tape machine, you should clean and calibrate it after moving it.

I can throw in a bunch of used tape if you want it.

$1500 OBO.
I WILL NOT separate this.

Pickup preferred in Brooklyn, NY. Will ship (without stand; buyer pays shipping) if there are no local buyers in the next couple weeks. It's heavy though so come pick it up!

Pictures to come shortly.
Last edited by kakumei47 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

Post by kakumei47 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 pm

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 am

Dang, that custom rack/stand for the machine looks nice.

I need to figure out how to move the track/record arm to my remote like you have it.

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

Post by kakumei47 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 am

Mine was like that when I got it. But it's the same width as the autolocator and both have threaded holes on the sides so it can't be that hard. The annoying thing about these decks is that you don't get that much length on the cables. I doubt the stock record enable panel gives you a lot of cable length. Luckily these are like 25 feet or so.

I wish I would have had the VU extender kit (one was just on ebay) to put the amplifiers on the bottom part (now it's all behind the meter bridge.

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

Post by kakumei47 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:09 am

This is likely sold pending payment/pickup this weekend. I'll update later. Thanks!

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 pm

kakumei47 wrote:Mine was like that when I got it. But it's the same width as the autolocator and both have threaded holes on the sides so it can't be that hard. The annoying thing about these decks is that you don't get that much length on the cables. I doubt the stock record enable panel gives you a lot of cable length. Luckily these are like 25 feet or so.

I wish I would have had the VU extender kit (one was just on ebay) to put the amplifiers on the bottom part (now it's all behind the meter bridge.
Yes. I worked in a studio 10 years ago that had the VU's as well as the record enable piece all in the remote.. Was. So. Nice...