Classic API VP26 + SSL 9k preamps (help us release our album

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Seditionary
audio school graduate

Classic API VP26 + SSL 9k preamps (help us release our album

Post by Seditionary » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:41 am

UPDATE * Everything is sold except for

2 Classic API VP26 variable gain preamps +

1 Classic API VP26 Stepped gain. (the 312 channels are sold)

Also, probably going to have to sell our other modules -- a pair of SSL 9k Preamps that we modded for 500 series. Sound rad.

Took the advice below and we're doing a Kickstarter to release our album -- The bad news is that it is only 20 percent funded with a week to go. If anyone would want a link to that, would be awesome if the community would want to help us out ! Thanks a lot.

--
hey -- selling some classic API vp26 and vp312 mic preamps. have some in our 500 series rack that sound amazing.

the circuit is from a 1970's vintage API console. the vp312's sound more like API 512c... a bit more modern. and the vp26 is the West Coast sound of the 1970's... this has to do with a few things in the circuit... but there is a smaller output transformer in the unit that gets saturated when driving the gain... so the iron saturation has the quality of tape compression. sounds awesomeee.

let me know if you're interested... :wink:

thanks !
Last edited by Seditionary on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:04 pm

might help to post your name... photos... and who's the "we" you keep referring to?

airloom
gettin' sounds

Post by airloom » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

price?
I love you.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Another great post, by someone who got on here only to sell things.

Sorry, not interested.

6 posts as of today, all on B S T.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Seditionary
audio school graduate

GOOD MORNING

Post by Seditionary » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 am

maybe would become more part of this community if it wasn't so hostile !
but thank you for the encouraging + warm + pleasant welcome...
Last edited by Seditionary on Tue May 15, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seditionary
audio school graduate

Post by Seditionary » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 am

anyhow -- if you want to buy one of our preamps in buy / sell / trade... we promise they will work and sound amazing or you'll be refunded.

see you soon in the forum. will post images here soon.

Last edited by Seditionary on Tue May 15, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seditionary
audio school graduate

some photos :)

Post by Seditionary » Sun May 13, 2012 5:20 pm

as promised, finally got around to taking some photos of the units -- a few of these are already spoken for. thanks !

happy mother's day 8)

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Seditionary
audio school graduate

Post by Seditionary » Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 pm

we're trying to sell some of our preamps to help pay for getting our new record out. also -- i thought you guys asked for some photos? this is not spam -- the classic api preamps are much more tasty than spam. :)

kslight -- do you have a lot of api gear? is that why you are upset that people have clones that sound more like the api vintage consoles? makes sense why some people are upset. as you are a tape guy, it seems like you'd be into the vp26. it saturates really nicely like tape when driven.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue May 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Seditionary wrote:we're trying to sell some of our preamps to help pay for getting our new record out. also -- i thought you guys asked for some photos? this is not spam -- the classic api preamps are much more tasty than spam. :)

kslight -- do you have a lot of api gear? is that why you are upset that people have clones that sound more like the api vintage consoles? makes sense why some people are upset. as you are a tape guy, it seems like you'd be into the vp26. it saturates really nicely like tape when driven.
I really don't care WHAT you are building, you want to make your own API or Neve or Mackie whatever, that is not my concern. I have no need for any more API, genuine or not...I have access to lots of Chandler gear (and 8 channels of API, if you care), which is famous for being "highly influenced" by gear of the past. That doesn't bother me, and probably safe to assume that no one else here really gives a damn either.

The problem is, you have no concept or respect of the (exceptionally loose, reasonable, and easy to follow) TOMB BST Rules, and when called out on it you won't drop it and spam somewhere else. You want to raise money for your band's record, if that is your official agenda...start a Kickstarter campaign, play some shows... Don't operate your business out of TOMB. Easy enough.

People asked for photos probably because they assumed you to be both a scammer and a spammer, I'm sorry if you took it as genuine interest.

And uh, thanks for the highly professional PM you sent me, definitely adds to your creditability. You can be sure I'll pass it on to anyone that expresses interest in your wares.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Tue May 15, 2012 5:59 pm

thank you for the encouraging + warm + pleasant welcome...
I may be hostile.
It is only because I can smell spam a mile away.
It is my shark chum.
Don't feed the sharks...

Anyways, I do have 500 series stuff.

Made by Tonelux.

So much better than anything out there, even real API.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Seditionary
audio school graduate

api / newbieness

Post by Seditionary » Tue May 15, 2012 7:27 pm

I really don't care WHAT you are building, you want to make your own API or Neve or Mackie whatever, that is not my concern. I have no need for any more API, genuine or not...I have access to lots of Chandler gear (and 8 channels of API, if you care)
i'm sorry man -- trying to sell some preamps of ours so that we can get this record out. doesn't mean you need to be hostile, just because you are trying to protect your investment. i heard the capi stuff has pushed a lot of api preamps into buy/sell/trades. also, if you're interested... try switching out your api operational amplifier with a gar2520 or a sl red dot (or a vintage api op amp)... it will really improve the tone of your api channel imo (plus it should just pop out like a lego)... will take out the harsh mid forward thing that api preamps have to my ears that the vintage channels don't have.

we just recorded drums with a vp26 on snare, a vp312 as a mono overhead mic, vp312 on low tom, vp26 on undersnare -- we recently used a chandler tg1 channel as well that we put on floor tom. cranked up the second low boost on it at 100 and put a high pass at 30hz. great preamp and eq -- love the chandler stuff. anyways, i think we're cool with our 4 channels of classic API as we do have access to other preamps, so trying to sell some to fund our record.
The problem is, you have no concept or respect of the (exceptionally loose, reasonable, and easy to follow) TOMB BST Rules, and when called out on it you won't drop it and spam somewhere else. You want to raise money for your band's record, if that is your official agenda...start a Kickstarter campaign, play some shows... Don't operate your business out of TOMB. Easy enough.
a kickstarter is a cool idea -- our drummer isn't so into the idea (hence the we we were using before), but i've been saying it would be something cool to do. we'd really like to do vinyl, pr, etc... and then if we can make any money back from it, release some of our friends' bands in these los angeles lands who are rad.
People asked for photos probably because they assumed you to be both a scammer and a spammer, I'm sorry if you took it as genuine interest.

And uh, thanks for the highly professional PM you sent me, definitely adds to your creditability. You can be sure I'll pass it on to anyone that expresses interest in your wares.
feel free to forward our correspondence -- as long as you include your hostile remarks, i think people will think it was funny. sorry if you took offense to the famous art work. the only thing i'd take back was the implication that you were famous and a piece of art :)

i think both myself and this forum could do with a look at ancient scriptures... in the sutras -- you are given dharma when you think about your fellow human being rather than being hostile to her/him. jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. let's replace neighbor with board member and try following the teachings of jesus and buddha here. love your fellow board member as yourself :)
I may be hostile.
It is only because I can smell spam a mile away.
It is my shark chum.
Don't feed the sharks...
maybe from being a newbie here -- i still don't get how this is spam. maybe as your shark belly is extra hungry to attack, rather than attacking spam -- you are attacking another human being and another board member. our drummer and i are selling some channels that we don't need so that we can get our new record out. this is buy/sell/trade... maybe this section of the forum should be renamed? maybe we should spend more time recording and making art instead of trolling the buy sell trade forums to be hostile to our neighbors?

anyhow, sending y'all love. hope you are getting some good work and recordings done. :)
Last edited by Seditionary on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mklein
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Mklein » Wed May 16, 2012 2:25 pm

post yr bandcamp fella

Seditionary
audio school graduate

Post by Seditionary » Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Pm me your email and I'll email you a link to a private soundcloud we have of the record we're hoping to get out this summer :)

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Wed May 16, 2012 4:36 pm

as long as you include your hostile remarks

I don't think anyone here has been hostile to you, least of all me. Don't be so defensive if you ain't got 'nothin to hide.
just because you are trying to protect your investment

Its long paid for itself, but thanks for your concern. :roll: