FS: Symetrix SX202's

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mscottweber
pushin' record

FS: Symetrix SX202's

Post by mscottweber » Fri May 04, 2012 5:49 pm

I have for sale 2 Symetrix SX202 dual mic preamps with power supplies, serial numbers are 46945 and 46946. I bought them together from someone else here on the TOMB a few years ago.

One of them works perfectly, but only one channel on the other unit is really usable. If I recall, the gain on channel 2 of #46946 is all or nothing; it will make no sound, and then once the knob hits a certain spot its 100% gain. I haven't checked it in a while, though, because the XLR jack for that channel is broken (the release tab is missing, so once you plug a cable into it its EXTREMELY difficult to get it out). I bought these with the intent of fixing and modding the broken unit, but I never got around to it so I just used the fully-working one.

They sound great (some have compared them favorably to the Sytek MPX4, but I have no experience there), but I have other preamps I use more and I need to raise money for getting an album of mine mastered.

I'm looking for $200 for the pair, shipped.

mscottweber
pushin' record

Post by mscottweber » Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Bump!

If there is no interest, to eBay they go!