SOLD Ace Tone Rhythm Ace FR-1 Vintage Analog Drum Machine

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

SOLD Ace Tone Rhythm Ace FR-1 Vintage Analog Drum Machine

Post by EasyGo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:07 pm

The Ace Tone is sold. Thanks Martin!

It is with regret that I must part ways with this Ace Tone Rhythm Ace FR-1 analog drum machine, made in Japan circa 1967. Ace Tone is the company that later became Roland, so this is a predecessor to their popular 80s drum machines such as the TR808. The sounds are eerily similar.

The unit is in surprisingly clean operating and cosmetic condition with the minor patina and blemishes you might expect from a 45-year-old unit. The handle cover shows an area of deterioration and the footswitch nameplate shows some unknown ink/smudge (see photos). All functions and rhythms work as they should. Included are the original Ace Tone footswitch and fitted vinyl cover. I REALLY hate to see this thing go.

$200 firm shipped and Paypalled to the Lower 48 states. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay selling vintage instruments and audio gear, and I have packed this securely with styrofoam box corners (like stereo equipment or a TV) and two layers of THICK bubble wrap. The unit is boxed snugly inside a single wall cardboard box and then inside of a snug fitting double-wall shipping box. (Both boxes were used together to ship a home pressure washer).

PM with interest. Thanks for looking!

[url=hhttp://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/djeasygo/Ace%20Tone%20Rhythm%20Ace%20FR-1/]Many photos here[/url]
Sound sample here

PS The only trade I will consider is ipressrecord's PM1000 channel :)

Last edited by EasyGo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:24 am

It's a shame that I'm in need of cash right now dude.

Jeff (the TOMB member previously known as ipressrecord)
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

Post by EasyGo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 am

I understand completely. I was just wishing out loud there :wink:

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Post by inasilentway » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:26 pm

PM sent
"some kinds of love, the possibilities are endless"