Looking for trade.

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Greener
studio intern

Looking for trade.

Post by Greener » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:51 am

I have an antique spoon that it just sitting around gathering dust.
It's a nice spoon, not very stained, good condition all over really. It's made out of metal and has no sharp edges.
It can contain liquid and transport it from bowl to mouth and do all sorts of other things, it's old and I'm not the first owner. It was once used by a very famous person to remove smegma from a dead horse... All the details are included with the providence certificate provided with the spoon. Of course no photos are available as I may own the spoon but rights to the image of afore mentioned spoon are held by a different person I cannot name for illegal reasons.

I would like to swap my spoon for a lathe of some description. Preferably one without any digital control, automatic limiting or any kind of bullshit apart from cutting record masters. It doesn't even have to work. I just want the carriage and jewel head...

Anyone interested please reply in thread.

Thanks and please.

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

Post by joelpatterson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:00 am

I have an imaginary lathe, it's quite powerful and is excellent for turning all manner of wooden/metal/composite materials, there is an auto-programming function that theoretically will crank out authentic reproductions of the original Hank Williams masters although I have not utilized that particular option. Shipping is.... free, I guess.
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net

jtienhaara
steve albini likes it

Post by jtienhaara » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:49 am

I have The Lathe of Heaven. If you send me your spoon and $100 unmarked bills I will ship it to you for free.

airloom
gettin' sounds

Post by airloom » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:19 pm

whatever they have, ill get you something twice as good for 4x the price
I love you.

Greener
studio intern

Post by Greener » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 pm

[quote="airloom"]whatever they have, ill get you something twice as good for 4x the price[/quote]

Deal!

We have a non-verbal agreement!

Insert PO box number for spoon and 4* highest bid to be inserted into. Then I will insert spoon and 4*bid into box, twist and shout...

Do you have photos of the lathe?

mortimersnerdy
re-cappin' neve

Post by mortimersnerdy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:22 am

I'm sure there's a plugin for all of this for less than $50 somewhere.
"Possessions are a way of turning money into problems"
-Brian Eno

Greener
studio intern

Post by Greener » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 am

The day you can insure digital masters at the local bank is the day I will give a flying fuck about digital bullshit. until then I have to suffice with the delicate arts of conning banks out of money surrounding pieces of paper I draw on... Which is retarded and makes me angry...

Don't ask me about computers. Explain in detail how I acquire all the tools I need to either build a good quality record lathe or show me where you've hidden the fuckin' loot so I can scab one.

I don't have time to sit around talking shit to ex drug addicts, losers who push record and play, slightly nice and courteous people who splice tape (I think blades make people itchy not vice versa) and other people who don't look pretty.

I don't know how else to say this, my mum and her friends don't own lathes and my dad never sold one so I'm shit out of luck...

Who the fuck are you people anyway?

mortimersnerdy
re-cappin' neve

Post by mortimersnerdy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 am

My bad, I thought this discourse was purely for "entertainment value" for the few who have participated so far. Surely I was mistaken. I digress and retire to my comforting drug addicted world I suppose. Have at it fellow audio neocons!!!!!

Greener wrote:The day you can insure digital masters at the local bank is the day I will give a flying fuck about digital bullshit. until then I have to suffice with the delicate arts of conning banks out of money surrounding pieces of paper I draw on... Which is retarded and makes me angry...

Don't ask me about computers. Explain in detail how I acquire all the tools I need to either build a good quality record lathe or show me where you've hidden the fuckin' loot so I can scab one.

I don't have time to sit around talking shit to ex drug addicts, losers who push record and play, slightly nice and courteous people who splice tape (I think blades make people itchy not vice versa) and other people who don't look pretty.

I don't know how else to say this, my mum and her friends don't own lathes and my dad never sold one so I'm shit out of luck...

Who the fuck are you people anyway?
"Possessions are a way of turning money into problems"
-Brian Eno

evilaudio
buyin' gear

Post by evilaudio » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 am

Huh??

...what the hell just happened??
Blah!

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:28 am

Dudes, as has been said elsewhere, it's a troll.

Trolls operate from hostility.

You can't play with a troll; it is playing with itself.

See the wiki definition.

Also, this is not a legit Buy/Sell/Trade thread, it is a troll crapping on the forum.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

Greener
studio intern

Post by Greener » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am

[quote="vvv"]Dudes, as has been said elsewhere, it's a troll.

Trolls operate from hostility.

You can't play with a troll; it is playing with itself.

See the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_Internet]wiki definition[/url].

Also, this is not a legit Buy/Sell/Trade thread, it is a troll crapping on the forum.[/quote]