FS: Tascam FW-1884 interface / control surface

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Nate Dort
tinnitus

FS: Tascam FW-1884 interface / control surface

Post by Nate Dort » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm

I'm selling my Tascam FW-1884 interface/control surface. It has served me well for the past 5 years or so. 8 channel firewire interface and control surface with moving touch-sensitive faders. Totally awesome for mixing in the box. Zero-latency input monitoring makes tracking easy. I've been using it with Reaper for the most part, and while a couple of the knobs aren't recognized right out of the box (the EQ section, mostly), it's a really nice setup. ADAT in and out, SPDIF in and out, inserts, 8 channels of balanced analog output, word clock I/O, MIDI I/O, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Tascam was stupid to discontinue this board.

Mine, like almost everything I own, has been tweaked. I upgraded the preamps. Currently, there are are some Burr Brown OPA2132s in there, but you could swap them to whatever dual opamp you wanted as I converted the SIP8 into a DIP8 form factor. It's a lot of screws and disassembly to get in there, but you could probably do it in an hour or so. The BBs sound pretty good though, definitely better than the stock NJM4580s. There are also protection diodes installed to keep the chips from getting fried while hot-swapping mics with phantom turned on. That was an issue on the early revisions of these. More info here: http://deeringamps.com/fw1884/FW1884Mod.pdf

There's some minor cosmetic wear (on the top edge mostly) and some minor scratches and scuffs, but everything works well.

SOLD
Last edited by Nate Dort on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evilaudio
buyin' gear

Post by evilaudio » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:02 pm

wow, great deal on an extremely versatile great piece!
...and he's already done the hard work for you, folks! I upgraded the opamps in mine and some caps and now it's got 8 very usable pres in addition to a very pro host of I/O features, DAW control, etc... the perfect complete mobile rig! ADAT for 8 more channels if you need it, dang!!! :shock:
Blah!

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:17 am

It's up on ebay, but I'll pull it if somebody here wants to make me an offer on it. I'm moving in about 10 days and I need it out of here before then.

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 pm

SOLD