Jim William's modded Soundcraft Delta 16x4x2 + custom power

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

limey
gimme a little kick & snare

Jim William's modded Soundcraft Delta 16x4x2 + custom power

Post by limey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 am

I have for sale a Soundcraft Delta 16x4x2 console which has been extensively modded by Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades. Jim recaps the modules, upgrades the stock OpAmps with top quality high-speed ones and reconfigures the EQ. See his site for more details: Audio Upgrades . The great thing about Soundcraft?s Delta 8, Delta DLX and Delta 200 series is that they are totally modular in design. This means that you can custom assemble any configuration you like within one of their frames.

This particular console features;

4 - fully-modded D-201 deluxe mic/line channel strips with direct outs
6 - fully-modded D- 202 standard input mic/line channel strips (direct out via insert)
4 - non-modded D-225 deluxe mic/line input channel strips with direct outs
2 - non-modded D- 202 standard mic/line input channel strips (direct out via insert)
4 - fully-modded D-203 group buss channel strips
1 - fully-modded D-master stereo module

The total cost of the above listed upgrades was $2,775

I never used the group buss strips as I used the mixer for direct tracking and as a summing mixer, however a studio owner friend who borrowed it for a few days last week to track drums tells me that the mods on the group busses also sound really good.

Overall the condition is really very good, in fact one of the best I have ever seen. There is some small scratch damage to the 4 group buss connections on the back of the console. Looks like they rubbed up against something (possibly the original PS) sometime in the past when being shipped but they work perfectly so its just cosmetic and hidden since its at the rear.

In addition the mixer come complete with a rack-mounted custom power supply made following Jim?s recommendations. It include a Power One +/-17VDC 3 amp
HDD15- 5-AG supply, a Power One 48VDC HB48-0.5-AG supply (for phantom power), black rack-mount case plus electrical accessories. Unlike the original Soundcraft power supplies which are prone to loud humming and are under-powered for the mods, this supply can handle a 3 amp load,
The total cost of the supply was over over $500.

On top of these figures you have to add the cost of the basic used Soundcraft Detla 16x4x2 mixer which sell anywhere between $500 and $1,000 depending on condition.

So if I take the lowest used mixer cost and add the cost of all the work it is easy to see that the total investment is around $3,775.

I?ve downsizing to a fully-modded 12x2 Delta console that I?ve put together in a custom light oak case. I can have similar oak sides and front made for this mixer I?m selling for an additional $120. This smaller one fits my console better.

Asking $1,850. I have a massive heavy-duty road case that I can ship it in. I would completely rework the inside so that the console is well protected. The custom power power supply will have to be shipped in a separate box, its heavy and big! I will include shipping to any CONUS address for any full price offer.

This is a wonderful opportunity to buy a really special console for very little money.