WTB: spring reverb, tape echo

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

jtienhaara
steve albini likes it

WTB: spring reverb, tape echo

Post by jtienhaara » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 am

Looking for a nice spring reverb and a tape echo.

If you have a Micmix XL-305, AKG BX5, Roland 101/201/301, Korg Stage Echo, etc etc etc, that you're willing to part with, drop me a line.

In the unlikely event anyone has a plate reverb within 10 hours driving distance of Halifax, I'd be interested in that too.

Must be functional, though cosmetics aren't a big concern. Not willing to pay EBay prices. But I do have funds in hand and am ready to "spring" for some organic FX.

Cheers,

Johann
Halifax, N.S., Canada

Harry
re-cappin' neve

Post by Harry » Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 am

hey Johann, How are you?
Did you ever get that tape machine running?

jtienhaara
steve albini likes it

Post by jtienhaara » Thu May 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi J. great to hear from you! I'm doing great, hope you are too?

A couple weeks after the MM1100 arrived at my place in Victoria, B.C. I was out of work. So unfortunately I never got around to getting her fixed up and running. Fortunately, though, a friend of mine in Victoria bought the machine from me, fixed her up, and was recording his band a few days later. So she has a new life and is making music like she should!

I still want another shot at an Ampex MM* one of these days...

Harry
re-cappin' neve

Post by Harry » Thu May 09, 2013 2:45 pm

awesome!! I haven't been on this site for a long time. The first thing I saw when I got on was your post. Just wanted to say hi.

unfortunately I'm not getting rid of any of my tape echos or spring reverbs... They are a few of my favorite things in the studio!!!

Good luck on your quest!

Cheers!!!