WTB: Redco/Switchcraft/AA 96pt DB25-to-TT Patchbay

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Randyman...
takin' a dinner break

WTB: Redco/Switchcraft/AA 96pt DB25-to-TT Patchbay

Post by Randyman... » Wed May 22, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm to the point where I'm sick of crawling behind my racks to patch stuff, so I'll likely be biting the bullet and investing in a nice patch bay.

I'm looking for something in the DB25 (rear) to TT (front) variety as all of my SSL converters use DB25, and I already have a nice spread of DB25-to-XLR fan-outs.

I've been looking at the Redco R196-D25PG; Switchcraft 9625, and Audio Accessories WDBP-961-SH 96pt models - and they ain't cheap when purchased new (range from $500-$1K new). Looking for something used but well-cared for that might fit the bill.

I'll also need some TT patch cables, too.

Let me know what you've got :) FWIW - I'm in Texas. Feel free to PM me here, or send an email to Randyman -at- gmail d-o-t com

Rock on! 8)
Randy V.
Audio-Dude / Musician / PC Guru / Crazy Guy

Randyman...
takin' a dinner break

Post by Randyman... » Mon May 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Bump - Anyone have a DB25 Patchbay for sale?

Rock on! :cool:
Randy V.

jtienhaara
steve albini likes it

Post by jtienhaara » Mon May 27, 2013 8:11 pm

FWIW soldering your own DB25 connectors to the rear of a TT bay is much cheaper financially but not so much on your sanity (DB25 soldering will drive anyone mad). Still, Mister. Patchbay sells bays with DB25 snakes at the back, and you might also be able to find someone else who has suffered through the insanity -- second hand TT - to - DB25 snake bays -- they'll probably be much cheaper than the various bays with DB25 chassis connectors.

Good hunting!

Johann

Randyman...
takin' a dinner break

Post by Randyman... » Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks for the tip! Indeed, I'm not looking to solder (or punch-down) 96 channels worth (288 wires) of balanced connections at the moment - I kind of burned myself out on 16 channels of Seventh Circle pres, 4 channels of mnats 1176's and a DLA2A, among hundreds of cables over the years! I also have a box full of parts for a SB4000 (SSL buss comp clone), SA3A (Stereo LA3 clone) and a TG Limiter clone just waiting for me to get my butt in gear. Not gonna happen anytime real soon (nor would me soldering a 96pt patchbay :lol: )...

I never ran across "Mister Patchbay" http://www.misterpatchbay.com/ until you mentioned them. Pretty cool IMO. Looks like their current DB25 offerings won't surpass a NIB Redco for $499 - and I'd prefer to avoid any further pig-tails the "converted" units seem to require. While these would mate perfectly to my SSL Converters and eliminate the need for (6) DB25-to-DB25 patch cables, they would still mate to my existing 10' DB25-XLR fan-outs to the gear.

I'll keep my eye on Mr Patchbay and see what comes up. Thaks again for the heads up, Johann!

:cool:
Randy V.

sfw
audio school graduate

Post by sfw » Wed May 29, 2013 11:48 am

There is a guy on GS selling REDCO and Audio Accessories ones. I need one too but don't worry he has 5.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/gearslut ... meter.html

Randyman...
takin' a dinner break

Post by Randyman... » Wed May 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow -Thanks for the heads up. Just PM'd him on the Audio Accessories WDBP-9615-SH for $500...

You rock! :cool:
Randy V.

sfw
audio school graduate

Post by sfw » Wed May 29, 2013 2:14 pm

What are brothers in gear for...

Randyman...
takin' a dinner break

Post by Randyman... » Fri May 31, 2013 6:59 pm

FYI - I purchased one of the Audio Accessories 96 pt bays from the Gearsutz seller sfw linked me to. Thanks again!

Consider this thread closed :)
Randy V.