Magma Expressbox 3T Thunderbolt to PCIe interface 12 wks old

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

limey
gimme a little kick & snare

Magma Expressbox 3T Thunderbolt to PCIe interface 12 wks old

Post by limey » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:40 am

This is newly-introduced Thunderbolt external interface for up to 3 PCIe cards. You can install Lynx Studio cards, ProTools cards, UAD-2 DSP cards and many other compatible cards in it, see the Magma site for compatibility chart . I used it for a Lynx AES-16e card and a UAD-2 Octo hooked up to both my Nuendo/Cubase-based Mac Mini and Macbook Pro and it works perfectly. Avid has qualified it to work with ProTools too. Because these are so new, used ones will be extremely hard to find at the moment. The street price new is $979, buy mine and save $229 for an item that's only 13 weeks old and still under full warranty, that's a 23% saving over the new street price. Asking $750. It's is absolutely perfect condition with original packaging too and also includes the addition fan still in its sealed package and the soft-sided carry case that came with it. There is no reason that I know of why it shouldn't work with any of the new Thunderbolt-equipped PC desktops or laptops too.

SOLD
Last edited by limey on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

limey
gimme a little kick & snare

Magma Expressbox

Post by limey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 am

sausagemaker
I've PM'd you a couple of times but I can't tell if they are going through the site OK. Let me know if you are getting them OK.