FS - Allen & Heath Zed R16 (firewire not working)

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

FS - Allen & Heath Zed R16 (firewire not working)

Post by mrscary » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 pm

I'd rather keep this within 100 miles of ny. Don't want to ship this thing if possible.

So I recently upgraded my entire setup and no longer need this. The firewire was always buggy but recently completely stopped working. I've been using it with my M-Audio Profire 2626 since. It's actually a lot more stable this way. I can include the Profire 2626 with this thing if you want to make an offer.

I spoke with various service centers, and the entire firewire PCB is about 350. The actual issue is probably very minor so that's an estimate of the repair cost to get the firewire working again. I paid 2500 for this thing new. So I will accept any reasonable offer.

Other than that, the board works fine. There are occasional scratchy pots and switches but a little bit of deoxit takes care of it. I've had a lot of fun with this thing and really enjoy the pres, EQ and summing. It's also great to be able to effortlessly use outboard gear. It hasn't gotten any use since I moved up to the Ghost/Orion/Madixtreme setup and I don't want it sitting around the house :)[/u]