Fully rebuilt and never used Yamaha PM1000 pairs

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

iampoor
gimme a little kick & snare

Fully rebuilt and never used Yamaha PM1000 pairs

Post by iampoor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 pm

I have a few fully rebuilt and pimped out Yamaha PM1000 pairs for sale!

Include:
Neve 1073 EQ mod
Replaced transistors
Balanced Line outputs (Includes optional output transformers...80$ value free!)
Fully Recapped
Bypass capacitors installed on all electrolytics
Phantom power/phase reversal
Original faceplates, and ORIGINAL output.

600$ each or trade....Im open to just about anything.
Custom options are available

Last edited by iampoor on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Re: Fully rebuilt and never used Yamaha PM1000 pairs

Post by Nate Dort » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 am

iampoor wrote:Most recapped pairs take an inferiror feed off the modules (echo send), these utilize the original output.
I think this claim is a little dubious. I've never seen a PM1000 racked pair take the main output feed from the echo send, though I guess it could be done. I think it is fair to say that most of them take the output feed straight from C37 and reuse ECHO 2's 25k potentiometer as a replacement for the main fader, eliminating the original pan pot and Program Mix Bus switches. Every write-up I've seen online does it this way, and I've been doing it this way for the nearly 30 channels that I've racked over the past few years. Maybe the confusion comes from people, myself included, reusing and relabeling the ECHO 2 location as OUTPUT on the original faceplate.

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:32 pm

ditto. always used the channel "output" and never an echo output. and by the way, I've lost track of how many channels I've racked. I'm guessing it's over 50 (I've probably racked close to 100 if you include the non input module channel strips...).
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

iampoor

Re: Fully rebuilt and never used Yamaha PM1000 pairs

Post by iampoor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Nate Dort wrote:
iampoor wrote:Most recapped pairs take an inferiror feed off the modules (echo send), these utilize the original output.
I think this claim is a little dubious. I've never seen a PM1000 racked pair take the main output feed from the echo send, though I guess it could be done. I think it is fair to say that most of them take the output feed straight from C37 and reuse ECHO 2's 25k potentiometer as a replacement for the main fader, eliminating the original pan pot and Program Mix Bus switches. Every write-up I've seen online does it this way, and I've been doing it this way for the nearly 30 channels that I've racked over the past few years. Maybe the confusion comes from people, myself included, reusing and relabeling the ECHO 2 location as OUTPUT on the original faceplate.
digitaldrummer wrote:ditto. always used the channel "output" and never an echo output. and by the way, I've lost track of how many channels I've racked. I'm guessing it's over 50 (I've probably racked close to 100 if you include the non input module channel strips...).
I stand corrected!
Ive talked to a few peole about racking them and they all recommended I take a signal off the echo send...so I just assumed far too much! Fixed. Thanks!

iampoor

Post by iampoor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:20 pm

:)

iampoor

Post by iampoor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Bump!