Soundcraft Series Two Recording Console (1976)

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Mystic Steamship Co.
steve albini likes it

Soundcraft Series Two Recording Console (1976)

Post by Mystic Steamship Co. » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Trying to find a good home for our beloved and trusty Soundcraft Series II recording console. This board has done us very well. It has seen daily use, has been completely re capped and well maintained. It is a 24 channel board with 8 busses, and 4 aux sends. It is currently shortloaded with 16 channels, but I do have the other channels. (some of them may need a little work though)

It was made in 1976, and is a REAL recording console unlike most consoles soundcraft made prior to this board. It was the second console they ever built. Hand made in England. It has sowter input transformers and Penny and Giles faders. Master section, mic pre, aux and bus sends are all class A discrete. Runs off of 40 volts. The EQ's utilize IC's but are actually quite useful and musical. The EQ features sweepable high pass from 20 to 320 Hz, a 50 Hz shelf, 25 Hz to 2.2k sweepable lows miss, 2k to 10k sweepable highs miss, a 15kHz shelf and a 2.2k to 25kHz low pass filter. Useful stuff.

The mic pre amps are fantastic, I have and do use them amongst many fancy outboard mic pres. They are amongst my favorite pres. It's a seriously fantastic vintage console. Quiet, colorful, and big sounding.

You can get an idea of what it sounds like from this recording, which was tracked nearly all through the boards mic pre's and mixed on this console. http://www.stereogum.com/1366792/bent-s ... pt-2/mp3s/

It is currently installed at my studio Mystic Steamship Co. just outside of Boston. We got a line on a very special Auditronics console that we just could not pass up. I can't bear the thought of this board sitting in my basement gathering dust, and want to pass it on to somebody that will make great music with it. We wont be able to uninstall it until mid December, so this more of a feeler. I'd be happy to drive it within a reasonable distance and help with the install. It comes with some TT patchbays and wiring.

Open to any reasonable cash offer or trade for something like this. We love colorful vintage recording equipment. It will be gone through by yours truly before we install our new board so it will be ready to make records in its new home.

[/URL]Image

Mystic Steamship Co.
steve albini likes it

Post by Mystic Steamship Co. » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:44 pm

vivalastblues
steve albini likes it

Post by vivalastblues » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:22 am

Could you give a ballpark of what you think it's worth?

Mystic Steamship Co.
steve albini likes it

Post by Mystic Steamship Co. » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 am

$2500 is what I've been offered before and that seems reasonable to me.