Auditronics 110A Grandson console (pictures posted)

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

boothnavy
audio school graduate

Auditronics 110A Grandson console (pictures posted)

Post by boothnavy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 am

This is a large frame Auditronics 110A analog mixing desk from the late 70's. It's a real big boy, pro level desk with lots of iron and inductors. Built in Memphis. These were $35,000 when they were new. It is a fully modular console so you can add/take away/service modules as your needs demand. They are often compared to API desks because they used some of the same transformers. The Purple Audio Odd EQ is based on the EQ section of the 110A channel strips.

This 24 channel frame is currently filled with:

8 x pres w/Jensen input transformers and 3 band inductor based EQ, fixed high and low pass filters, mic and line inputs and inserts (which can be used as direct outs)

8 x stereo line inputs

TOTAL of 24 inputs currently as the stereo lines can be used for two mono signals. This leaves room to add up to 8 additional input modules of your choice. The mic pres come up quite frequently on the used market. There are several on eBay currently as well as some stereo input modules. Now there are blank panels filling all the empty slots.

4 x busses and two-mix master

11 x Jensen 123 output transformer cards (10 outputs and 1 spare) as used by API.

4 x VU meters in bridge along with the digital clock display.

Complete center section with:

2 x effects sends
2 x foldbacks
control room master
studio master
headphone
talkback/slate
digital clock control
oscillator

There are routing modules for every input channel as well as both mono and stereo Penny & Giles faders.

As it is built it would be a great multi purpose analog desk for tracking, mixing, and summing.

There is no patch bay or i/o wiring, but I'm including enough Molex connectors to patch out every point on the desk.

Included are a 9 amp +/-15v Acopian rack mount linear power supply for the audio rails, a 6 amp 24v Acopian linear power supply for the logic and a 3 amp 48v linear power supply for phantom power. You will need to wire these yourself, but I have the correct Molex header for this, too.

I also have the complete Technical Manual which includes details about how to install, configure, and use the desk, all pinouts for the Molex connectors and module edge pins, descriptions of each module including schematics, parts layouts and parts lists.

I have a few spare mono and stereo bussing modules and faders that I will throw in, too, as well as a couple dozen new 5534 op amp chips for servicing down the line.

Asking $2300.

This console has not been tested in its current configuration and will likely need some attention, as any desk of this vintage would, hence the low price. You are essentially getting a complete console for around the price of the 8 mic pres. It is getting more difficult to find these in complete form as people have generally gone the route of parting them out.

I live in greater Boston, but the desk is currently in New Hampshire. I would be willing to work with interested parties for a delivery or partial delivery within reason. I can also have it shipped domestically via a freight company I have used in the past for around $300. Obviously you are welcome to come inspect the desk in person, too.

Please feel free to PM any questions, etc.

I may in interested in trades/partial trades for the right high end compressor(s), microphone(s), or channel strips. I'm looking for a pair of DBX 165s...

Last edited by boothnavy on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
boothnavy - synthesist

boothnavy
audio school graduate

Post by boothnavy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:51 am

Pumping iron.
boothnavy - synthesist

boothnavy
audio school graduate

Post by boothnavy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:00 am

Taking offers.
boothnavy - synthesist

boothnavy
audio school graduate

Post by boothnavy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Many inquiries but still available.
boothnavy - synthesist

FollowFarnsworth
ass engineer

Post by FollowFarnsworth » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Still available? Long shot I know.

boothnavy
audio school graduate

Post by boothnavy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Still available!

I'll try and repost the pictures.
boothnavy - synthesist

boothnavy
audio school graduate

Post by boothnavy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 am

Pictures posted.

Make an offer!
boothnavy - synthesist

doty
gettin' sounds

Post by doty » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:59 pm

is this still for sale?

EvLoutonian
audio school

Re: Auditronics 110A Grandson console (pictures posted)

Post by EvLoutonian » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:46 pm

i presume it would have sold by now, hey!?

(:
Studio Hire, Park Orchards