Wanted: Lathe

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

atavacron
steve albini likes it

Wanted: Lathe

Post by atavacron » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 am

Admitted newb seeks Neumann or Scully cutting equipment for long-term love affair, to address significant dearth of locally-cut masters in Oakland.

Long term goal. Let me know. Will travel. Can refurbish.
shipwreckoakland.com
5 1 0 . 9 7 2 . T A P E

neonaudio
pluggin' in mics

Post by neonaudio » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 am

You might want to get in touch with Adam from Telegraph Mastering (telegraphaudio.com) about his recent experience of buying a renovated lathe. He could possibly steer you in the direction of where to find one, or at least give you some advice on the whole process. He's a nice dude and I'm sure would be happy to chat with you when he has some free time. And we both used to live in Oakland... I could go for a veggie burrito from Los Cantaros right about now. I also understand the Parkway is back in action. I'm jealous.

atavacron
steve albini likes it

Post by atavacron » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:23 am

Sweet. Adam just mastered an album for one of my clients. I will give him a jingle.

I'm going to the Parkway tonight!
shipwreckoakland.com
5 1 0 . 9 7 2 . T A P E

neonaudio
pluggin' in mics

Post by neonaudio » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Now I'm really jealous. There is nothing more civilized than drinking beer and eating real food while at the movies. Literally, it's the most civilized thing you can do.