Amek Einstein 80-channel automated console, Queens NY

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

FTRSHK
audio school graduate

Amek Einstein 80-channel automated console, Queens NY

Post by FTRSHK » Wed May 07, 2014 2:07 am

SOLD!

Amek Einstein Super "E" 80 circa early 90's

40 mic pre with full EQ & 40 tape returns with full EQ

At mix, 80 line inputs, all with full EQ and all automated.

comes with http://www.kakster.co.uk/amek1/products ... pertru.htm Amek Supertrue VCA software, very powerful and flexible mix software running on PC
up to 8 VCA groups (assignable to any unused faders)
It's designed to handle a full mix from tape or DAW (stripe one channel of tape with SMTE code, or import SMPTE WAV to DAW and send to Amek). I have done many mixes, fully automated with lots of mults and outboard, using the Amek and a tape machine, never turned the DAW on at all.

8 aux sends (2 stereo, 4 mono)
24 busses each with individual buss output trim
Aux 7/8 can switched into buss output for more sends (works sorta like small fader send on SSL)
built in comprehensive TT patch bay

comes with:

-main PSU (4ru)
-VCA/automation PSU (4ru)
both PSU's were rebuilt by my tech 6 years ago, and voltages were checked and calibrated just a few months ago.
We also replaced the standard Amek PSU cable with a super heavy duty cable from GRS systems and replaced the connector at the PSU end to be terminal neve-style screw-in for better connection.

-Full Einstein Manual, with schematics

-Amek Supertrue manual

-Supertrue quick setup guide

-Installation disks for supertrue

-PC running ms-dos for Supertrue (HD replaced & machine serviced 4 years ago)

-all cables to connect the Amek automation with the PC

-Monitor for the PC (automation is on-screen)

-Metal frame that the console rests on

-two spare channels - they have been cannibalized somewhat for parts but they're still mostly intact.

-a handful of brand new, unused mic pre pots & pan pots for spares.

-a handful of spare mic pre chips in case of failure (I've only ever had to replace one in 7 years).

-two Amek virtual dynamics boards, each one does 8 channels of compression and gating (they were never fitted because you will need to find the interface card for them. I've seen the interface cards once in a while on ebay)

The console has been regularly maintained by my tech Carl Farrugia. The monitor section was recapped a few years ago. the channels have not been recapped, as we tested all the channels and found the caps to be in full operating condition. Carl told me the previous owner had recapped all the channels a couple of years before I bought the console (Carl was his tech also so he knows the console very well).

the Einstein came with phase reverse on ch 41-80 (i.e. the mic pre channels) but not on tape returns, so Carl modded the first 40 line inputs to also have phase reverse; so now all 80 channels have phase reverse.

Audio Maintenance http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/index.html stocks almost all the pots, switches & knobs you could ever need, and even sells a couple of aftermarket parts like an upgraded mic pre module.

The patch bay has the following connections:

80 mic lines (mic lines from live room)
40 mic pre in, 80 line in
ins send / return for all 80 channels
mix insert send / return, multiple mix outputs, some parallels
outboard gear: 48 points of outboard in/out
tape machine/DAW: 80 in/out
osc out, multiple 2 track and aux inputs

all terminate to 90-pin elco connectors underneath the console.

Built in keyboard and trackball for automation. an external keyboard/mouse can be connected but I've never felt the need.

-SOLD-

CobraSunStudio
audio school

Re: Amek Einstein 80-channel automated console, Queens NY

Post by CobraSunStudio » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi I know this is a few years back but would you be able to refer us to your tape tech Carl Faruggia? Getting hard to find guys who work on these and I hear he’s the best! Thank you - G

drumsound
zen recordist

Re: Amek Einstein 80-channel automated console, Queens NY

Post by drumsound » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm

CobraSunStudio wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:09 pm
Hi I know this is a few years back but would you be able to refer us to your tape tech Carl Faruggia? Getting hard to find guys who work on these and I hear he’s the best! Thank you - G
IF you can't find Carl, Check in with Dave Rochester at http://techaud.com/wp/ Technical Audio Services. He was a Nashville AMEK staff guy for years.